2020 mini pre-season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind a bit of excitement about a young player. Wild optimism never hurt anyone, I don’t like it when we then all turn on a player because they weren’t what we hoped. Not their fault and there was enough there for us and the recruiters to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly - too many grumpy nuffies

I don’t mind a bit of excitement about a young player. Wild optimism never hurt anyone, I don’t like it when we then all turn on a player because they weren’t what we hoped. Not their fault and there was enough there for us and the recruiters to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too...still waiting for Tambling to come bloody good! 👍🤗👍

yes always out in front on his chest, I dont reckon he ever took an overhead....

Footy that era, guys his height didnt need to, front and square was his role and he did that well.

I’m hearing we are in excellent position list and cap wise going into next year and we are very confident of shaking out not 1 but 2 big name players from other clubs for next season.

We already have a big saving with Rance’s contract terminating last December but apparently we have massively front loaded a few contracts last year and this year - not the least of which is Lynch and Caddy. Plus, we re negotiated on pretty favourable terms with Shedda, Jack and Chimpa plus in all likelihood Bachar will retire at season’s end.

All up, I’m hearing we’re gonna have the best part of $3m in cap space going into 2022.

I’m hearing we are in excellent position list and cap wise going into next year and we are very confident of shaking out not 1 but 2 big name players from other clubs for next season.

We already have a big saving with Rance’s contract terminating last December but apparently we have massively front loaded a few contracts last year and this year - not the least of which is Lynch and Caddy. Plus, we re negotiated on pretty favourable terms with Shedda, Jack and Chimpa plus in all likelihood Bachar will retire at season’s end.

All up, I’m hearing we’re gonna have the best part of $3m in cap space going into 2022.

Go on.

A1025544-6B17-45D7-98BC-93E26F14E008.gif

Well because it’s you Winfrey.

Im hearing that one player may necessitate us having to trade away our first round pick. We’re looking at a prime defender and a prime mid. The prime mid is part of a plan to extend Dusty’s career by sending him forward more over the ensuing years. The overall strategy appears to be similar to Hawthorn’s over 13-15 where we recruit in big name experienced players to take advantage of the window we’re in. We know it will require a re set in a few years but the time and the capability is with us right NOW.

Rance will never play for us again. The club’s pretty much said that but there’s also another supporting element behind it. A few clubs are interested in trading with us to ensure he gets to a club of his choice - whoever he may select. Maybe a 3rd rounder or that range. One club has a few planets aligning with us it seems.

You have officially given me a b nar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hearing that one player may necessitate us having to trade away our first round pick. We’re looking at a prime defender and a prime mid. The prime mid is part of a plan to extend Dusty’s career by sending him forward more over the ensuing years. The overall strategy appears to be similar to Hawthorn’s over 13-15 where we recruit in big name experienced players to take advantage of the window we’re in. We know it will require a re set in a few years but the time and the capability is with us right NOW.

Rance will never play for us again. The club’s pretty much said that but there’s also another supporting element behind it. A few clubs are interested in trading with us to ensure he gets to a club of his choice - whoever he may select. Maybe a 3rd rounder or that range. One club has a few planets aligning with us it seems.
Both very important positions to fill so I like this news! Is the defender Moore from Collingwood? We really do need a prime midfielder tbh. Would help us immensely.

About Rance, he needs to be extremely careful about what club he goes to.. I can handle it if he is leaving to a non-Victorian club, but I don't know about him joining a Carlton, Collingwood or Geelong for example.

Confirmed Rance to #pieshaveinjuries 🤢🤢🤢

Welcome to punt road Darcy Moore and Jordan De Goey.

DC94B922-5C7F-4C66-8292-8BAB90C09609.gif

Moore is definitely an interest and that club has an interest in Rance. Things may align. Who knows. Things change in football quickly. It’s all just possibilities that are being explored. No guarantees with any of it.

De Goey is not part of the equation.

I had a hard on for Moore in 2018. Very Rance like the way he plays. And he was nearly gone to the dogs a while ago, so a move for him may definitely be on the table. We would be stupid to not do our homework on this guy.

I had a hard on for Moore in 2018. Very Rance like the way he plays. And he was nearly gone to the dogs a while ago, so a move for him may definitely be on the table. We would be stupid to not do our homework on this guy.

Injuries not withstanding he’s a very good player CB. I was watching some match practice of the Hated Ones last week and he was dominant at times.

His development last year was huge and I think, injuries not stopping him, he has even more upside in him. Quick for his size, good kick, reads the flight, good overhead and developing a nice courageous element.

Worth looking at strongly. We’re presenting to him. Whether he jumps on or not, I dunno and even if he does, we need to work it out with the enemy.

Injuries not withstanding he’s a very good player CB. I was watching some match practice of the Hated Ones last week and he was dominant at times.

His development last year was huge and I think, injuries not stopping him, he has even more upside in him. Quick for his size, good kick, reads the flight, good overhead and developing a nice courageous element.

Worth looking at strongly. We’re presenting to him. Whether he jumps on or not, I dunno and even if he does, we need to work it out with the enemy.

Agree with all that. When he’s up and about, can seriously play. I rate him. If we were to land him, there would be no complaints from me. That’s for sure. And the way he plays naturally suits the way we play. He would be a very good match for us.

Dont turn me on like that

Zac Williams as the mid please... the guys a freak

I agree that we would of been in this situation at the start of the year, especially with not bringing anyone in last season and us being linked to Zac Jones shows we had cash and Rance retiring would only help that. But I think with the salary cap being reduced will make it hard to keep those plans especially with a lot of really important players out of contract next year. Hope you’re right though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back