2020 MLB Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye anyone’s hopes of signing Mookie Betts. He has signed a 12 year, $365M extension with the Dodgers.

Owners/Players squabbling over the number of games, percentage of pay for this year......nek minute $365m splashed on one player ($65m tax free as well, amazing - no wonder they dont have free medical over there)

MLB has announced 16 team playoff format! Top two in each division plus two WC.

Eight are them ranked 1 to 8 and 1 v 8 etc in best of 3 game first round. All 3 games at home of higher ranked team.

Hi
I’d like to contribute to the discussion. Really don’t like that the NL now has a designated hitter. I like the two leagues having a difference.
The change in post season format is disappointing too. It made making the playoffs itself pretty special. Not anymore.

Anyway-I’m an LAA fan.
Couldn't agree more on both of them, hope the play-offs are only for this year

Could see expanded playoffs (maybe not 16 teams) being permanent. Same with designated hitter. Crisis is giving them the ability to change things that normally would've been more difficult.

Could see expanded playoffs (maybe not 16 teams) being permanent. Same with designated hitter. Crisis is giving them the ability to change things that normally would've been more difficult.

I can’t see the genie going back in the bottle for either. DH is inevitable for NL anyway, as much as I hate it, it’s time to concede that one. And once they start selling the rights to the extra 22 playoff games, then that’s too much of a gold mine to resist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just ain't the same, but at least it's sumfin, However, seeing Wrigley Field empty on Opening Day makes my heart sad. :'(

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

It just ain't the same, but at least it's sumfin, However, seeing Wrigley Field empty on Opening Day makes my heart sad. :'(

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!
Hendricks made them look a bit silly today. Bryant settling into leadoff, Brewers minus Arcia 0 for 27, Happ another opening day homer. Pretty good day

I did buy a Mets hat when I was in america as a 10 year old but I unfortunately follow the Knicks and Giants so don’t want to make it 3/3 sh*t NY teams to follow haha

That’s very fair then actually haha. As a Richmond guy you would probably like the tigers but I don’t have it in me to recommend anyone follow Detroit. Plenty of love for the cubs around here from myself and others too.

I’ve loved baseball all my life and played as a kid. I’ve always struggled to follow a team. Suggestions? I hate the Yankees btw

Apart from Yankees any other disliked teams?

Main things I would consider:

1. Time zone of the team you’re picking.
Ideally around your work and time schedule, when do the teams play?
For instance I’m in WA and the east teams typically start 6-7am our time which works well.

2. City / fanbase
The league is roughly split 2/3 big city teams (NY, LA, Chicago x2, Boston, Seattle, Philly, Toronto etc) and 1/3 small centres (Arlington, Tampa etc)

3. NL v AL
Not relevant this year but hopefully in future will become relevant again with DH being removed from NL.

4. Past success
Underdog teams:
-due to lack of success: Seattle, San Diego, Cleveland, Baltimore
-due to being small team amongst big teams in division: Cincy, Tampa, Baltimore

Perennially successful: Yankees, St Louis, more recently Boston.

What are your thoughts? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back