AJ_2000

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Oakland become the 4th team to lock in a playoff spot, but will most likely be the first to secure their division. I think their magic number is 2.

The playoff run in the AL is a total bust with the 8 sides all but confirmed. The NL is a but more interesting with 10 teams mixing it up (12 if you want to stretch the mathematical possibilities)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Braves can win their Division today with a win over Miami and a Phillies loss. The Phillies loss is looking a possibility, they are current 5-1 down against Washington.
Yeah read that today - as a scribe i follow wrote, would be the best thing for the Braves - give the bullpen the rest of the year off, they are pretty wrecked. Just throw the hacks who wont play in the playoffs. Hopefully MVFree(man) does some damage to Miami

Edit: Loving having ozzie albies back from injury. Hitting .367 since his return from injury after hitting .159 before going on DL. Makes a huge difference

Last edited:

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The shortened season doing wonders for some players contracts going forward. Marcel Ozuna hitting his 16th HR today and hitting .319. Will get his multiple year contract from someone next year. Like Donaldson last year, backing themselves with a 1 year contract to get the big contract.

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Braves clinch - wasnt really in doubt the last few weeks. As i said earlier, can try and get some rest into the bullpen. Rookie Wilson pitched a good game and if he doesn it again will probably start a playoff game. Our biggest issue is our starting pitching, relying on top 3 Cy Young Fried and some rookies. Lucky we can score runs, we are going to need them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom