2020 MLB Season

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
98-100mph fastballs are handy but a fat strike is still a fat strike to hit

Correct. It’s a fair gap between his best and worst at the moment. The walks and consequent high pitch count, which haven’t really improved much yet today, are also a concern.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Glasnow has all of the tools to be an ace starter...just needs to develop a decent changeup(IMO). And yeah, way too many walks.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FRUMPY , quick question, probably a dumb question, just something I've always wondered about

When the batter makes contact and takes off for 1st base, but gets thrown out, is there ever a situation where the runner on 3rd base scores a run?
I mean, they can steal home, right? So why can't they also score if they get a nice lead and touch home plate before the throw gets to 1st?

Is it just a simple black and white rule: the batter must be safe on first for any runner to score ?

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
FRUMPY , quick question, probably a dumb question, just something I've always wondered about

When the batter makes contact and takes off for 1st base, but gets thrown out, is there ever a situation where the runner on 3rd base scores a run?
I mean, they can steal home, right? So why can't they also score if they get a nice lead and touch home plate before the throw gets to 1st?

Is it just a simple black and white rule: the batter must be safe on first for any runner to score ?

Yeah as twotooto said - if the batter being thrown out at 1st base is the 3rd out then the run wont score. If it is the 1st or 2nd out then the run scores as long as they score before a 3rd out is recorded

Back