Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I must say I'm really impressed with Yamaha's aggressive program this off-season. I never thought they'd have the balls to ditch Rossi from the factory team given his importance to them for bike sales but they've organised things really well. Ducati were heavily into Vinales and Quartararo and Yamaha have headed them off at the pass - identifying Mav and Fab as their future and moving quickly to secure them. Snaring Lorenzo to guide them back on development I think is a masterstroke.

They've been smart to offer Valentino a full factory backed bike in the Petronas team if he wants it and allowed him the time to make his decision. He's still well deserving of a spot on the grid. There have also been some faint whispers of contact with Aprilia and waiting 7 or 8 rounds to make his decision would give him time to see how their new bike performs. I like the idea of Rossi going full circle and finishing at the company he started at.

Is Dovizioso pissed off enough to win the MotoGP championship?

Hmmm, not sure being pissed off will have much to do with it for Dovi. A bike that turns a bit better to help him overcome his deficiencies to Marquez will help but I feel like he lacks that slight edge in raw speed regardless and might slide a bit this year. I'm also unconvinced he has the full backing of Ducati.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeah, there's certainly truth to that. I think he's developed his aggression pretty well, he just needs a little more speed so his bad races are at least top 5 and to eradicate more of his mistakes, especially crashes.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, there's certainly truth to that. I think he's developed his aggression pretty well, he just needs a little more speed so his bad races are at least top 5 and to eradicate more of his mistakes, especially crashes.

Agree with you both K and dodge. Probably applies to all the top 12 riders also. Really hope Jack has got speed this year. And Remy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
As I was looking to get onto a main road while out and about this evening, I saw something I hadn't seen in literally decades...A sidecar!

As it rode past me I noticed that the passenger was a young kid. I don't have a motorbike license or kids, but I envisaged being able to take my nephew and niece for a ride.

Not that any of you know me personally. The reality then set in. It was a good idea, and it was my idea. There's no way their mum would allow it to happen!

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
As I was looking to get onto a main road while out and about this evening, I saw something I hadn't seen in literally decades...A sidecar!

As it rode past me I noticed that the passenger was a young kid. I don't have a motorbike license or kids, but I envisaged being able to take my nephew and niece for a ride.

Not that any of you know me personally. The reality then set in. It was a good idea, and it was my idea. There's no way their mum would allow it to happen!

Vesper side car ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

Did your dream look something like this?

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
A few 2020 notes:

The first pre-season test was run last week at Sepang
- Fabio Quartararo was fastest across all 3 days
- Vinales didn't run a time attack and along with Alex Rins was largely regarded as finishing with the strongest race pace
- Aprilia debuted their brand new runner. It was so new they had to rebuilt engines over night old school style rather than engine swaps as is the current norm
- Despite how new their bike is, Aleix Espargaro's race simulation run saw incredibly consistent times that would currently have him in podium contention
- Dani Pedrosa was third fastest on the ever improving KTM on day 2
- According to the Honda riders the 2020 bike has even less front end feel than the vague 2019 bike
- Marc Marquez claims that he can currently run for 10 laps with the leaders before his recently reconstructed should starts giving him grief
- Yamaha arrived with a new holeshot device
- Michelin have a new rear tyre which is said to offer improved grip. It seems to play more into favour with the sweet handling Yamahas and Suzukis whilst causing issues for Honda and Ducati with pushing the front and hurting steering
- The Ducatis reportedly looked low in the rear end out of corners and down the straight leading some to surmise they've found a way to at least partially involve their holeshot devise on the fly
- The combined times over the 3 days saw the top 19 covered by a ridiculous 0.755 seconds

It is widely expected that Marc Marquez is a certainty to sign on with Honda again soon. The holdup is said to be negotiating over control of development and engineering.

Ducati made it pretty public that they were headhunting talent, listing Vinales, Quartararo and Rins as targets. They've missed on all 3 targets. Despite their words, I don't think they rate Dovizioso despite him finishing runner-up the past 3 years. Dovi also has a very frosty relationship with chief engineer Gigi D'Alligna. I also don't feel like they're at all committed to Miller. Don't be surprised to see a major rider shakeup at Ducati as the silly season progresses.

Andrea Iannone is fighting his drugs ban. He is appealing the ban with hair samples that have come up negative for the banned substance for which he tested positive.

Moto2 ran their first test of the year at Jerez. After the first day, Remy Gardner was fastest, 3 tenths under the qualifying record.

Australian teenager Joel Kelso will race the Spanish CEV Moto3 championship next year with the AGR team. I think he's Australia's next big GP gun.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello everyone! Did you miss me? It was Vale’s 41st Birthday on 16th then the next day it was Marquez’s Birthday not sure how old but think 25th from memory.

Have been busy with Tennis season and the end of NFL season and now just starting footy season and not long till the start of MotoGP season. :)

Looking forward to discussing quals and races with you all again in 2020!

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Round one of MotoGP in Qatar has been cancelled due to the Corona virus. A Qatari ban/quarantine on all entering the country who've been in Italy means the race is unable to be held. Moto3 and Moto2 will go ahead as they are already in the country testing (where Remy incidentally finished 3rd fastest on combined times).