2020 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that missed it Billy Van Eerde came home 7th in the rookies cup, just got knocked back from 8th to 12th right before the split happened so missed getting in the front group when they broke away, once again led home his group with another gutsy ride and great positioning for the finish line.

Spanish riders too strong on there home tracks that they’ve been riding on since birth and they hold 6 of the top 7 spots in the championship, Billy has moved up to 9th from being 12th before this weekend and only three points behind Van Den Goorbergh in 8th. Hoping he can get in the front group in next weeks 2 races and try for a podium spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 podiums in 2 weeks, this one validated him IMO.

Kid has talent and is riding the hardest bike on the grid.

2 podiums in 2 weeks, this one validated him IMO.

Kid has talent and is riding the hardest bike on the grid.

I expected his last two results to come in two years time. He's progressing well faster than I expected and faster than what he did in the lower classes. Well done to him.

Dreading the thought of a Marquez 1-2 in the future though.

It was a shocking accident.

Didn't have the same emotional attachment as I did with Senna, but the sheer horror and the 2 fact you knew he was gone.

Miller absolutely filthy after pulling Dovi around and missing Q2

Still feel sick thinking about that

7 days after he'd finished 2nd at the Island too
Phillip Island would have been this weekend what a shame. Billy Van Eerde finished 8th in the rookies cup race 1, was in the second group and back as far as 15th with 10 laps to go but the second group managed to catch the first group of 6-7 riders and made it an 11-12 man group, Billy must have had good pace as he made up places at the same time as the 2nd group was catching the 1st, got up to 6th just before the end but got knocked back by Munoz and Van Den Goorberg to finish 8th.