2020 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

With Remy with Aki Ajo next season and on a great bike, can anyone see him taking the next step to MotoGP for 2022? He has his head screwed on and I think his natural progression would be to the Tech3 team.

With Remy with Aki Ajo next season and on a great bike, can anyone see him taking the next step to MotoGP for 2022? He has his head screwed on and I think his natural progression would be to the Tech3 team.

Gonna depend what seats are open, I think, coz he's built for MotoGP.

I know Miller is only on 1 year, Petrucci I think only 1 year at KTM, Rossi is 1 year with a second year option at Petronas (?) but most of the rest of the seats I think are tied up till '22. Lecuona might only be for next year too but I think he'll be safe.

Gonna depend what seats are open, I think, coz he's built for MotoGP.

I know Miller is only on 1 year, Petrucci I think only 1 year at KTM, Rossi is 1 year with a second year option at Petronas (?) but most of the rest of the seats I think are tied up till '22. Lecuona might only be for next year too but I think he'll be safe.

Petrux and Iker both contracted till end of 2021, which is why I think its a logical move at the end of the season. Pending results of course but he was fantastic this year.

Petrux and Iker both contracted till end of 2021, which is why I think its a logical move at the end of the season. Pending results of course but he was fantastic this year.
Think Remy maybe got offered Iker's ride at the start of this year but he turned it down cause he thought KTM were still crap.
Even though they've improved I still reckon it was a good decision.

The reason for these one year contracts is because the current manufacturer contracts with Dorna expire at the end of 2021

No major point signing riders for 2022 yet

Not really (the manufacturer part is accurate though).

Nearly all the major riders are signed through '22 and further.

Marc Marquez - 2024
Pol Espargaro - 2022
Alex Marquez - 2022
Takaaki Nakagami - 2021 and beyond (whatever that means)

Maverick Vinales - 2022
Fabio Quartararo - 2022
Franco Morbidelli - 2022
Valentino Rossi - 2021 with 2022 option

Jack Miller - 2021 with 2022 option
Pecco Bagnaia - 2022
Jorge Martin - 2022
Johann Zarco - 2021 with 2022 option
Enea Bastianini - 2021
Luca Marini - 2021

Brad Binder - 2021
Miguel Oliveira - 2021
Iker Lecuona - 2021
Danilo Petrucci - 2021

Joan Mir - 2022
Alex Rins - 2022

Aleix Espargaro - 2022

So pretty much, Ducati are hedging their bets with Miller and Zarco because - as always - they don't really believe in them.

KTMs contracts are out of sync largely due to Zarco quitting last year. That saw Iker Lecuona grab an unlikely contract for 20-21 and Brad Binder make his planned step up also for 20-21. The most intriguing one is Miguel Oliveria for not signing a 2 year extension to race for the factory Red Bull squad. It's said that he was miffed that they elevated Binder into the factory squad over him which seems likely played a factor in his signing only for next year. Petrucci is a stop-gap rider for his experience.

Bastianini and Marini only have contracts for next year because the Esponsorama team will be bought out/replaced by someone else.

Think Remy maybe got offered Iker's ride at the start of this year but he turned it down cause he thought KTM were still crap.
Even though they've improved I still reckon it was a good decision.

Remy mentioned this year that when he was offered the KTM ride last year, he didn't feel ready for it. He now feels ready for it.
As much as I like Danilo for his fighting story that eventually earned him a factory Ducati ride, I think he'll make way for Gardner in 2022 in this continued generational change.

As much as I like Danilo for his fighting story that eventually earned him a factory Ducati ride, I think he'll make way for Gardner in 2022 in this continued generational change.
My thoughts exactly. Remy would be far more dependable and has a far greater upside than Petrux. The difference between Danilo's best and worst is so wide compared to Remy's.

My thoughts exactly. Remy would be far more dependable and has a far greater upside than Petrux. The difference between Danilo's best and worst is so wide compared to Remy's.

Remy's growth this year has been quite spectacular and somewhat underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really nice FP3 by Miller.

I was just thinking too (it takes a while) about what a big year it has been for Miguel Oliveira. Took his first MotoGP podium and win and now gets an unplanned home race. Shame he's not able to have gone fans cheering him on.

Remy quickest in FP3 completing a good morning for the Aussies.

Sam Lowes telling his team he can't ride the bike, it's too dangerous will be a heartbreaking way for him to miss out on competing for the title.

Can’t understand Dovi knocking back the ride and electing to sit out the year. ???He will get a haircut no doubt but he rides in the premier class . ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Says how toxic the relationship became between he and Ducati. His only possible future return will be if the Aprilia comes good next year and they still can't get a good second rider. And that's a rank outside shot.

I only managed about an hour and a half sleep last night. I was hardly sleep when my alarm when off so I was up and made it to work early, haha.

If say tyre selection only lets him down occasionally more than constantly these days but otherwise definitely agree.

Dovi has completely lost his mojo, Petrucci has faded into irrelevance and Bagnaia is in danger of becoming Petrucci Jr. Weird times at Ducati.
Yeah I think Ducati rushed the Pecco signing and I think if they waited it could well have been Zarco in that seat.

Watch the champ take his first win in the premier class on a 500 in the wet no less, no chance he tarnishes his legacy one of the greats.

Tony Arbolino with one of the biggest brain explosions of the year, bailing on a laptime in Q1 despite not already having a strong time in. Bizarre.