2020 MotoGP

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Usually when you cruise past the calendar stalls you glance at the ones with the girls in bikinis. Recently I actually stopped to have a good look. When I don't care about the racing ones I did notice this time a MotoGP Legends Calendar. It's $25 I think, and I'm actually going to get it tomorrow.

edit: When I say "legends", they were way back in the past. B&W photos.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I didn't realise, but Mir actully reset the record for a 500/motogp champ with the least wins. He sits alone at 1. I knew of Mike Hawthorn and Keke Rosberg in F1, but assumed one of champs in the early decades when there was 5 races or something that also won just a single race. But no, Joan now on his own.

Previously, inaugural champ Leslie Graham, Umberto Masetti held the fewest wins with 2 of 6 and 8 races in 3 of the first 4 years of the championship. Then it too til Nicky Hayden in 06 to win a cship with 2 wins (17 races).

Mir has also become the first champion to do so without setting a fastest lap. Second rider joining Wayne Rainey (92) to win a cship without setting a pole.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
At the time, I actually missed all but the last two corners of the 92 British GP. I was pissed for doing so, because I missed out on a whole race and you could work out straight away Gardner was going to win. That was a surprise result and you want to see how the race formed for him to do so. Intermittently over the years, I had looked up on YT to see if the race was uploaded. It wasn't til a couple of years ago, and I finally got to see the race in full this week.