2020 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually when you cruise past the calendar stalls you glance at the ones with the girls in bikinis. Recently I actually stopped to have a good look. When I don't care about the racing ones I did notice this time a MotoGP Legends Calendar. It's $25 I think, and I'm actually going to get it tomorrow.

edit: When I say "legends", they were way back in the past. B&W photos.

Last edited:

I didn't realise, but Mir actully reset the record for a 500/motogp champ with the least wins. He sits alone at 1. I knew of Mike Hawthorn and Keke Rosberg in F1, but assumed one of champs in the early decades when there was 5 races or something that also won just a single race. But no, Joan now on his own.

Previously, inaugural champ Leslie Graham, Umberto Masetti held the fewest wins with 2 of 6 and 8 races in 3 of the first 4 years of the championship. Then it too til Nicky Hayden in 06 to win a cship with 2 wins (17 races).

Mir has also become the first champion to do so without setting a fastest lap. Second rider joining Wayne Rainey (92) to win a cship without setting a pole.

At the time, I actually missed all but the last two corners of the 92 British GP. I was pissed for doing so, because I missed out on a whole race and you could work out straight away Gardner was going to win. That was a surprise result and you want to see how the race formed for him to do so. Intermittently over the years, I had looked up on YT to see if the race was uploaded. It wasn't til a couple of years ago, and I finally got to see the race in full this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)