MRP / Trib. 2020 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose, should the AFL come out at the end of the season and state that diving is genuinely against the ethos of the AFL, and put in place cumulative suspensions for players who do it, this kind of sanction can be excused.

In this instance, the optics of fining the two players - given the Essendon board on BF is adamantly both a) 'If there's death threats, that's not on', but also b) 'I saw the thread on twitter, there wasn't any death threats in there! Should've asked for evidence!' - would not have been good, either for the players or for the AFL. Players Association would've kicked over a hornet's nest, and they'd almost be quite right to.

We as supporters need to get in the ear of the rules committee somehow. They put these ridiculous laws in place, so let's lobby them to legislate against staging.

Clubs need to be proactive on abusive supporters on Social Media as well.

Kosi Pickett just got subjected to racist abuse a few days ago as well. Some real vermin out there on the Net 👎👎

Figures that both Grimes and Vlastuin would get off. AFL don't want to go nuts on diving; it'd expose them to too much scrutiny.

AFL has to back in the umpires if there is any element of greyness.

In my view they could have been paid without the staging

The Grimes call was soft one, though I have no concern with Bellchambers attempted coathanger being penalised.

Lynch getting off for even soft contact to the throat of Hurley though irks me just ask Ed Curnow and Gary Dempsey the damage that can cause.

Anyway in my view the AFL hasn't quite understood the concussion issue grid iron has shown that sub-concussive impacts over time leads to CTE. Therefore any deliberate high contact no matter how soft the impact needs to rubbed out of the game. The AFL seems to be totally focussed on heavy punishment for concussive impacts.

Fines also should be proportional to salary if its $1000 fine for a rookie on 100k (1% of salary) then it should be a $10,000 fine for those on a $1M

OK MRO rant over.

Given our rub of the green I'm waiting for an important Blues player will be rubbed out for a must win game for something inocuous

AFL has to back in the umpires if there is any element of greyness.

In my view they could have been paid without the staging

The Grimes call was soft one, though I have no concern with Bellchambers attempted coathanger being penalised.

Lynch getting off for even soft contact to the throat of Hurley though irks me just ask Ed Curnow and Gary Dempsey the damage that can cause.

Anyway in my view the AFL hasn't quite understood the concussion issue grid iron has shown that sub-concussive impacts over time leads to CTE. Therefore any deliberate high contact no matter how soft the impact needs to rubbed out of the game. The AFL seems to be totally focussed on heavy punishment for concussive impacts.

Fines also should be proportional to salary if its $1000 fine for a rookie on 100k (1% of salary) then it should be a $10,000 fine for those on a $1M

OK MRO rant over.

Given our rub of the green I'm waiting for an important Blues player will be rubbed out for a must win game for something inocuous
Bellchambers throwing an arm when he can't impact a contest is one thing; free kick most of the time. Vlastuin throwing his head back as if he'd copped a Dusty fendoff to the throat is diving every day of the week.

Grimes should've been done; he wasn't because - due to the trolls - the narrative moved away from diving towards the validity of online threats. That was the very definition of diving, and the umpire in question got sucked in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back