MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is stupid that incidents in practice matches are taken from the home and away season, the two weeks should have come from the practice matches first.

They should just have a clause that if the tribunal believes an incident is intentional and serious enough then part or all of the penalty can be shifted to the home and away season. Our system is just bullshit, his hit was late but regardless of the penalties you aren't going to stop players from going for the ball or attempt to bump and tackle, harsh penalties for not executing it well in what is a split second decision is ludicrous.

Players need to take this system to court, it is bullshit that players are fined money or suspended from games largely for what are accidents. How much are people in AFL house fined for filing something in the wrong area or making what are likely a litany of mistakes in their profession.

Tribunal should largely be for what are things outside of the normal rules, like Barry Hall trying to murder someone on-field. I don't think the AFL has the moral right to take money away from players for just not executing well, there should be on-field penalties for things that are attempted in the spirit of the game.

I wish that what happened in the off season stayed in the off season!

He shouldn't play next week.

Let him rot in the VFL.

He is too dumb to play AFL.

Fancy getting rubbed out for the all important start of the season, because of a brain fart in a meaningless praccy match.

Theres are reason we go him for pick 100 something.

I broke the bump down in 3 frames here, incredibly poor decision imo.

I think it is stupid that incidents in practice matches are taken from the home and away season, the two weeks should have come from the practice matches first.

They should just have a clause that if the tribunal believes an incident is intentional and serious enough then part or all of the penalty can be shifted to the home and away season. Our system is just bullshit, his hit was late but regardless of the penalties you aren't going to stop players from going for the ball or attempt to bump and tackle, harsh penalties for not executing it well in what is a split second decision is ludicrous.

Players need to take this system to court, it is bullshit that players are fined money or suspended from games largely for what are accidents. How much are people in AFL house fined for filing something in the wrong area or making what are likely a litany of mistakes in their profession.

Tribunal should largely be for what are things outside of the normal rules, like Barry Hall trying to murder someone on-field. I don't think the AFL has the moral right to take money away from players for just not executing well, there should be on-field penalties for things that are attempted in the spirit of the game.
yeah sorry but if you do a s**t bump in a practice match and knock a bloke out, you deserve a holiday in the season proper. That was clumsy from Williams and deserves a couple weeks.

yeah sorry but if you do a s**t bump in a practice match and knock a bloke out, you deserve a holiday in the season proper. That was clumsy from Williams and deserves a couple weeks.

I don't understand the logic of practice match incidents only counting for H&A suspensions. It was clumsy but it wasn't malicious. That is what practice matches are for, getting ready for AFL standard. You might as well suspend players for the H&A season for intraclub misdemeanours as well. This game is getting more and more ridiculous by the year.

The system is stupid because it does nothing to prevent mistakes or accidents from happening, you are just penalising some people for not executing well enough. The game just moves too fast to expect that level of precision all the time, especially in pre-season games when players lack conditioning.

I am fine for people who do deliberate and malicious things to have the book thrown at them, you want to stamp that out. I do not think it is moral to take money or suspend players who are playing in the spirit of the game. In the next 100 exact same instance, Marley and every other player are going to go when it is their turn to go, we aren't trying to stop playing going at the ball or contest, they just didn't execute well and having this potential penalty doesn't and can't make players execute better, the game just moves too fast. We might as well fine forwards for missing shots on goal and losing advertising opportunity for broadcasters, they can't execute any better no matter how ludicrous the penalties are.

Let him rot in the VFL.

Fancy getting rubbed out for the all important start of the season, because of a brain fart in a meaningless praccy match.

You should train how you play and play praccy matches the way you intend to play the real thing.

His original intention was fine. Richards went low at the last minute. Doesn't change the fact that if you elect to bump and it has that outcome you have to cop the penalty. Honestly, I thought he pulled up rather than following through and it could have been way worse. Just unlucky but them's the breaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They definitely were not suspensions. Higgins was just blindsided while he had the ball. The other bloke just ran into him as the hawks took the mark.

Loved Majak's tackle though.

EVW purely accidental. Agreed.

But they changed the rule because of that Burton bump because Christian got it so wrong.

Let him rot in the VFL.

[/QU That suspension was very unlucky and pick 100 was a steal for Williams. I remember a time when we had no player to play on small forwards and the Eddie Betts types use to have a field day against us even spuds such as Jeff Garlett. Marley had some off field issues at the pies ( which is why North picked him up so late in the draft) but i can't recall any issues at North, if he is to dumb to be playing AFL because of one unlucky suspension then you are a harsh judge of a footballer.

This once great game has really gone to s**t if a player gets two weeks for that weak s**t...
David King and all you weak arses can GAEF.....

It sets a precedent now. Anyone who does not come back on from a concussion will now be set as HIGH impact. Remember it for the rest of the season.
Big test today. Taylor Adams knocked Nick Vlastin out sending him out of the game with concussion. What will the MRP lotto give Adams today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back