SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Looking forward to the debut from Ugandan drumming group Nihiloxica. Both their EPs have been killer.

8 percussionists and a synth player is a unique set-up, but they make crazy good Afrofuturist stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaxes

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
new Make Them Suffer album should be good, they're going from strength to strength the past couple of years

interested in the new The Amity Affliction... huge chance its sh*te like their past couple but im interested nonetheless

hoping Mastodon get an album done, i know they're writing at the moment. one of the most solid metal bands of the past decade

Blackhawk42

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

The boys are back. I actually liked Misery, but this is their best work since Let The Ocean Take Me.

Polaris are going to destroy 2020 as well.

I cannot believe these two bands are releasing albums on the same day. I have no idea who to check out first.

DEVO

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
Don't know about any new music being released in 2020 but their are a few re-issues this month I'm looking forward too. Kim Wilde's first three albums are getting the remaster treatment with extra material and a DVD of music video's and TV performances. Early in her career she was seen as a Debbie Harry clone, which isn't a bad thing, and you could hear it in the early hits such as Kids In America, Water On Glass and Cambodia. I bought the three albums on cassette back in 1981/82/83 and still enjoy a lot of her earlier songs. Later in the eighties when she became a little more "poppy" I sort turned off a little.

Also she was a stunner back in the 80's.

Kim Wilde re-issues

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pearl Jam first album in 7 years releasing in March. Always buy their albums, last couple of albums have had a couple of great songs and alot of filler. Hoping his voice is better than has been the last few albums (especially on the heavy songs) and there better not be a Eddie solo song (with a bit of help from the others but basically an eddie solo song) - get back to a few of their better slower songs

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
So far I have listened to:

AJJ - Good Luck Everybody. Pretty consistent, like all their albums. Also like all their albums the first few songs are very strong and then the album trails off.

Pinegrove - Marigold. Never heard them before, interesting sound though. Remind me of a country version of Modest Mouse in their Good News era. Cool vocals.

Mac Miller - Circles. Doesn’t seem like my kind of music, but I don’t mind the sounds overall. James Blake (who I’m not a huge fan of) vibes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
Have only listened to the Adelaide '19 live album from King Gizzard which was magnificent.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
The new Envy LP is so good. Probably the best I have heard this year, and another nice post-rock (though quasi post hardcore ala Unwound) effort.

Top Bottom