2020 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

SSwans2011 very nice selections!

On this:
I'd also be curious to hear where people stand in the whole Wil Wagner/Georgia Maq saga. Personally I thought it made both of them look pretty pathetic at the time.
Wil's a genuine, heart-on-sleeve legend the tart from Camp Crap is an arrogant, entitled narcissistic *******. Calling for SSB to hand over money from their album sales or tour or whatever was egotistical bullshit. A lot of people lost a tonne of money on that (not just the band, given the whole tour was cancelled).

* her and her s**t music.

SSwans2011 very nice selections!

On this:
Wil's a genuine, heart-on-sleeve legend the tart from Camp Crap is an arrogant, entitled narcissistic *******. Calling for SSB to hand over money from their album sales or tour or whatever was egotistical bullshit. A lot of people lost a tonne of money on that (not just the band, given the whole tour was cancelled).

fu** her and her sh*t music.
A ‘genuine, heart on his sleeve threaten a woman’s life, abuse them (more than one) and require threats of police intervention to stop, kind of guy? Then also sing about what a great guy he is?

Nah, genuine campaigner seems more likely.

I don’t pretend to have done a deep dive on the background of this but I’ve seen enough to say this goes beyond bad break-up and into ‘s**t bloke’ territory. And calling the women who call that behaviour our tarts does you know favours. It just shows why guys keep getting away with s**t even in 2020.

A ‘genuine, heart on his sleeve threaten a woman’s life, abuse them (more than one) and require threats of police intervention to stop, kind of guy?
I don't remember him threatening to kill her, or anyone else for that matter? Looked like the drunken outpourings of a damaged and over-emotional person (think Wil has admitted to suffering from bipolar disorder many times before this whole story blew up?)

Threats of police intervention- yup I agree she is a bit of a drama queen yeah?

I don’t pretend to have done a deep dive on the background of this but I’ve seen enough to say this goes beyond bad break-up and into ‘sh*t bloke’ territory.
What makes a s**t bloke? Mid 20's guy, mental illness, difficult break up, sent some s**t e-mails and text messages and when publicly revealed he owned up to what he did.

Think the accusations of "abuser" etc. are harsh. And you're only seeing one side of the story, unless anyone's got Georgia Craq's e-mails anywhere?

I knew Wil from when when he started playing gigs, and he was genuinely a warm person. Never saw any inkling of him treating anyone with less than respect at all, male or female.

I'm mates with an SSB member too, and he's also a super person, and I doubt he'd tolerate hanging out or being in a band with someone who is abusive to women (totally understand it's a bit hard to know, maybe).

And calling the women who call that behaviour our tarts does you know favours. It just shows why guys keep getting away with sh*t even in 2020.
Yeah that was s**t- my apologies.

I don't remember him threatening to kill her, or anyone else for that matter? Looked like the drunken outpourings of a damaged and over-emotional person (think Wil has admitted to suffering from bipolar disorder many times before this whole story blew up?)

Threats of police intervention- yup I agree she is a bit of a drama queen yeah?

What makes a sh*t bloke? Mid 20's guy, mental illness, difficult break up, sent some sh*t e-mails and text messages and when publicly revealed he owned up to what he did.

Think the accusations of "abuser" etc. are harsh. And you're only seeing one side of the story, unless anyone's got Georgia Craq's e-mails anywhere?

I knew Wil from when when he started playing gigs, and he was genuinely a warm person. Never saw any inkling of him treating anyone with less than respect at all, male or female.

I'm mates with an SSB member too, and he's also a super person, and I doubt he'd tolerate hanging out or being in a band with someone who is abusive to women (totally understand it's a bit hard to know, maybe).

Yeah that was sh*t- my apologies.
Mental illness is a serious issue but it is in no way a get out of jail free card for s**t behaviour. My recollection is the emails were from two women, so not an isolated incident, with only Georgia coming forward when he either named her or it became obvious it was her. Another was that was that one message allegedly said he’d kill her and himself.

I agree we’re only seeing one side of the story. And if you are mates with someone from the band, I understand why it might be more difficult to square the behaviour away. People are complicated.

I don’t know any of them, only what I’ve read, but those emails were pretty shithouse, the apology a little half-hearted. And yeah, when you sing about how s**t other blokes are, accusations of hypocrisy are gonna come.

Pretty messy all round, as the original post said.

Happy to admit I was devastated for Wil. It's an awful invasion of privacy, and his accuser removing her responses from the e-mail chains immediately undermines any confidence I'd have had of them. I'm sceptical on the reporting too- I've seen mentions of him threatening to kill her, but I've never seen that and the reports of "other women" he abused seem to be mistakes as well.

And no s**t I just googled the case and found a website with screen shots and it had the "electronic interference" shoplifting meme I've only ever seen here about Boomer Harvey, which makes pretty much all of it impossible to take seriously.

That said, I would hate for this to discourage women from standing up to abusers. There's no winners here.

Terrible run of #1s with DaBaby & now especially that Derulo dreck.

Kid Laroi (Go feat Juice wrld) & Ruel (Painkiller feat. Denzel) would be better options at the moment. Both poised to break internationally right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Single off the latest Lewsberg LP. Dutch group (sing in English) I've recently discovered on bandcamp. Both albums are similar sound. I like anything with a Velvets guitar sound.

Some new stuff from the rock opera maestro Arjen Anthony Lucassen's project - AYREON.

Ayreon will be releasing a brand-new sprawling and epic studio album ‘Transitus,’ on 25th September via Music Theories Recordings.

From the mastermind of Dutch multi-instrumentalist Arjen Lucassen, 'Transitus' is inspired by supernatural movies such as The Others, The Changeling and Ghost along with the music of soundtrack composers John Carpenter (Halloween), Ennio Morricone (Once upon a Time in the West) and Jerry Goldsmith (Omen).

'Transitus' is narrated by one of the most iconic and recognizable voices in sci-fi history, most known from his eight-year stint as Doctor Who, Tom Baker. As with any Ayreon album, it is an explosive and expansive affair and features Tommy Karevik (Kamelot) as Daniel and Cammie Gilbert (Oceans of Slumber) as Abby. The all-star cast also features Simone Simons (Epica), Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, Johanne James (Threshold), Noa Gruman (Scardust), Marcela Bovio (MaYan), Caroline Westendorp (The Charm The Fury), Paul Manzi (Arena), Micheal Mills (Toehider) and Amanda Somerville (Avantasia, Trillium) amongst many others.

I really dig this album. So many influences that I can pin down. With this song, you can really hear the 80s Japanese city pop influence (and especially that viral Mariya Takeuchi song, Plastic Love).

This video is a fun little pastiche of homages to Christopher Walken in that Fatboy Slim video, the Big Lebowski, and the dancer looks creepily like a young Tarantino.

I really dig this album. So many influences that I can pin down. With this song, you can really hear the 80s Japanese city pop influence (and especially that viral Mariya Takeuchi song, Plastic Love).

This video is a fun little pastiche of homages to Christopher Walken in that Fatboy Slim video, the Big Lebowski, and the dancer looks creepily like a young Tarantino.

Great album. Has a nice 70s/80s vibe while still sounding current. My current AOTY.

The Kill is the highlight for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back