2020 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

The JK-47 debut is pretty good. Feel like we are so close to having an internationally recognised next-gen hip hop scene, and whilst Paulson veers more conscious boombap his legit, well-schooled talent is world class and might be enough to push this over the edge.
Guess Again has that Injury Reserve (Oh Sh*t!!! especially) jazz style and the prime track on the album IMO, but the accent/flow is make or break for the majority. Being indigenous is a positive in this situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dynamite? To be fair, that and Boy with Luv were above-average chart songs. When we've had to grit our teeth through the #1 likes of Savage Love, Mood, Rockstar, etc., I'd gladly take Dynamite. Roses & WAP were okayish.
I like to hear all sorts of new music so I had a listen.
They seem to use autotune as an effects unit. Could they do that without autotune? I listened to a number of their songs.
Do they have any songs without autotune that you could recommend listening to?

Last edited:
WAP...okayish.
giphy.gif

Look at the #1s which surrounded it: Rockstar, Savage Love, Mood (15 wks all up). All dumpster trash. By comparison WAP was like a breath of fresh air.

From top 10 regulars this year the only ones I've really dug and care to takeaway from 2020 were Say So & Supalonely, which were better than anything in 2019. Honourable mention to Rain on Me which was a solid grower.

Last edited:
I like to hear all sorts of new music so I had a listen.
They seem to use autotune as an effects unit. Could they do that without autotune? I listened to a number of their songs.
Do they have any songs without autotune that you could recommend listening to?
rightly or wrongly, as soon as i hear any sort of voice modulation i switch off. i know some really talented people just use it for effect but i still can't get used to it.
Cher has a lot to answer for [/oldman]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back