Remove this Banner Ad

aussiedude

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
And that's the dagger for the pac-12 playoff hopes. Ducks cop the L and USC have not been impressive so wouldn't get a look in at playoffs

aussiedude

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Wow with the game tomorrow called off. Ohio State are 1 more canceled game away from being ineligible for the Big10 championship game.

and who knows what that means for the playoffs.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow with the game tomorrow called off. Ohio State are 1 more canceled game away from being ineligible for the Big10 championship game.

and who knows what that means for the playoffs.
Hopefully that happens.

I don't understand how the Buckeyes can be ranked #4 anyway. Undefeated, sure. But only 4 wins and nothing particularly impressive about those wins either. Sorry, but it isn't enough. COVID-19 sucks, but it can't be used as an alibi to sneak your way into national championship contention. Bad luck, Buckeyes.

Far too much emphasis is placed on 0 losses compared to 1 loss. Should be more emphasis on wins and the overall quality of performances. Imagine if Clemson were to miss a spot in the playoffs because they lost in overtime to Notre Dame when Lawrence was sidelined. Pfft. None of Ohio State's 4 wins were as good as that loss.

Florida are now 7-1 with good wins over Georgia and Mizzou. Texas A&M will probably be 6-1 after today's game vs the Vols. They beat the Gators and their only loss was to 'Bama. Miami are 7-1 (They lost to Clemson). All three should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

Cincinnati and BYU are both undefeated with 8 and 9 wins respectively. I'd have them ahead too. Evidently, it's impossible for a team from their conferences to be ranked top 4. I don't know why the CFP committee even bother to rank teams from outside the "Power 5" conferences. A team from one of the lesser conferences could win every game 100-0 and they'll still be snubbed for the playoffs. So even bother with the pretence of ranking them?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad