NCAA 2020 - NCAA - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume it's purely a monetary thing - they get more $$$ on their own than belonging to a conference and sharing the loot with Virginia, Syracuse, Boston, etc
They dont want to give up the NBC money. thats all

The playoff committee should just ignore them until they join the ACC.
Let them know teams who win conference title games get right of way.
I think they did a few years ago. its the out of sight, out of mind thing on Championship weekend. Its now why the Big12 play a championship game because of the committee not caring about them when they had a split champion.

They'll wanna hope there's no Covid outbreaks

7-0 might be enough, but I doubt 6-0 will sway the judges if there's three 10 win teams plus an unbeaten OSU
as long as they stay unbeaten they will get in over 1 loss teams. because they will also have a championship.

as long as they stay unbeaten they will get in over 1 loss teams. because they will also have a championship.
Yeah, dunno bout that.

Playoff committee will prolly make up the rules depending on who's in the mix and how well they rate on TV.
Wouldn't surprise me to see an unbeaten 7-0 Ducks being snubbed for a 1 loss Notre Dame/Alabama/Georgia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OHio State get it done at Penn.

Clemson escape a tough one. Gotta love College Ball.

The Ducks would want another team or two in their schedule to play lights out otherwise they'll be judged harshly compared to the other CFP mainstays.

Interesting day of action. Glad the quirky results are dropping in. It's going to be a real mess over the next few weeks with the polls. If you're a contender best you win and keep it out of the committees hands (as best you can)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back