• Davante Adams over 130.5 receiving yards

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Davante Adams under 130.5 receiving yards

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very astute point.
Clearly, you are a regular listener to the board podcast - wherein you will have heard moi describe the Packers regular season schedule as a "honey dipped, calf milk soaked, icing sugar crusted, puffed egg white cushioned, three layer super soft 10 ply, hand kneaded, gluten free, fully organic, commune raised, mouth formed marshmallow of a schedule.".

No need to wait for next week, have a listen to the "we are destined" spiel from the review this week, or even better the promised smashing in the preview...

The other question you can answer for a noob like me is did Brady always so obviously like to play bruise free stationary in the pocket? Surely with his success there would have been times when he got down and dirty?

The other question you can answer for a noob like me is did Brady always so obviously like to play bruise free stationary in the pocket? Surely with his success there would have been times when he got down and dirty?

Brady is the quintessential Statute of Liberty pocket passer....give him a clean pocket and time and he is unbeatable.

He is no junk yard dog QB though, he is extremely pocket aware, maybe probably the best of all time, but not mobile and will not extend plays with his feet.

Getting 2 x FG from 1st downs inside 20yd and passing up a 1pt conversions in a 5 point loss does hurt. At least get to overtime even though the 1st half was abysmal.

Why take the final FG late in the game when you wasted 1 points chasing 2? Can’t conclude anything more than poor match day coaching

Sledging the Packers regular season schedule is a miss lol. Look at any teams schedule and you could argue that it's really easy or really hard depending on your perspective. They've had a great two seasons, but this season had the ability, talent and time together to take it to the Super Bowl. Wasn't to be though.

It's amazing that coaches still wimp out.
- Analytics isn't an excuse because it's lineball, slightly in favour of going for it
- You have one of the best QBs ever who's still probably a top 2 QB right now and likely MVP
- Your defense isn't terrible but it's not great
- Even if you get the ball back at/around your own 20 is your offensive line going to hold up for an 80 yard drive where the defense knows you're going to be throwing it?
- Finally, if you go for it and don't get it and are scared about the analysis of it, are you really going to get crucified for going for it there? Who is going to stand up and say "actually, with Rodgers at QB and an iffy defense facing Brady and a ton of offensive talent we think FG was the right call"?

He can coach as many 13-3 seasons as he likes, there's no chance of winning a SB if he can't make the right decision there. And even if he (and others like him) have short memories, they only need to go back one week to see what a good coach does with a game on the line even with a backup QB.

These guys are paid millions of dollars to dish up sh*t like this. I have a bet on Tampa to win the SB and I'm still furious with it.

It was an unfathomable call. Even with the FG they still needed a TD to win. They couldn't tie with another FG. They already needed a 2pt conversion just to tie. You gotta go for it there just to try and give yourself even a chance if going to OT let alone winning.

I cannot comprehend the decision and if I were Rodgers I would be furious

Any questions about what Rodgers did on the 3rd down preceding the field goal ?

Plenty, but conceding 2 x TD either side of HT in 2-3 mad minutes cost. They conceded 2x TD the whole game last week (and most of the season) plenty of what ifs in a one posession game

Back