NFL 2020 NFL Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I miss a chargers lead press conference to announce the parting of ways with one of the franchises best players ever or are they genuinely just a s**t organisation who didn't do one?
Genuinely s**t org. Pretty sure they said nothing when it was being reported a few weeks ago that they were moving on from Rivers either

When other Panthers fans feel the same as me about Rivers..

Chargers are a disgrace. Can't believe I liked them for so long with the current ownership.

There's no way Rivers can throw the ball in Chicago

Not the season just gone but year before he was 3-0 in December against Steelers, Chiefs and Broncos. Comeback wins against Chiefs and Steelers.

Surely a better option than Trubisky

Rivera arriving in Washington and one of the first things he does is cut Josh Norman, that gave me a bit of a chuckle, wouldn't think Ron is on Josh's Xmas card list. 😂

Having said that, Norman struggled big time last year, so it's no real shock. Some talk around Charlotte that the Skins will be making an offer to James Bradberry in FA. Maybe even Luke Kuechly in a coaching role.

The Washington Panthers.

Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.
Fitzgerald Sr. doesn't have an extensive track record of breaking news, but he's a longtime member in the sports media world, based out of Minnesota. He's not the type of person to just throw something against the wall. The Raiders have been linked to Brady multiple times since the end of the Patriots' season, with coach Jon Gruden and owner Mark Davis looking to make a splash as the team embarks on Las Vegas. Brady would certainly qualify. It will likely take serious money to lure Brady away from Foxboro. This offer would qualify as such. The Brady free agency should be fascinating.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Larry Fitzgerald Sr. on Twitter
Feb 15, 2020, 11:10 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonder which team then is the lucky one to receive derek carr via trade?
If he's cut by the Raiders I'd love the Colts to take a flyer on Carr.

Get Carr + draft Jeudy or Lamb + pay Chris Jones whatever he wants = a return to playoffs for the Colts.

Cam Newton should go to the Colts - why go to the Chargers when you gotta play Mahomes twice a year?

In a div with the ****, Jags and Texans and the most $$$ under the cap the Colts can get great fast.

I'm not sure Newton will get the luxury of picking his team necessarily. Sure MVP Newton would warrant attention but a lot will depend on how much teams have faith that he has actually physically recovered.

If he's cut by the Raiders I'd love the Colts to take a flyer on Carr.

Get Carr + draft Jeudy or Lamb + pay Chris Jones whatever he wants = a return to playoffs for the Colts.
I doubt we cut Carr for nothing. Would be looking at a trade.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Teddy Bridgewater is expected to have a "strong market" in free agency and could land a multi-year deal, paying him around $30 million per year.
Fowler added, "Multiple teams expect Bridgewater to have a strong free agency market as a starting or bridge quarterback for a team in transition. Widely expected to be on the move unless Drew Brees retires." The number is certainly a bit shocking, although Bridgewater does deserve credit for posting above-average rankings in adjusted yards per attempt (15th), QB Rating (11th), TD Rate (13th) and completion rate (6th) among 38 QBs to start at least five games in 2019. Of course, the Saints did offer Bridgewater just about the most QB-friendly offense possible, as he was seldom asked to do more than check the ball down to Alvin Kamara or Michael Thomas. Either way: Bridgewater figures to command starter-caliber money from someone in 2020. The Saints will likely need to make a decision between keeping Bridgewater or Taysom Hill if Drew Brees wishes to continue playing in 2020.
SOURCE: uStadium on Twitter
Feb 17, 2020, 4:13 PM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Teddy Bridgewater is expected to have a "strong market" in free agency and could land a multi-year deal, paying him around $30 million per year.
Fowler added, "Multiple teams expect Bridgewater to have a strong free agency market as a starting or bridge quarterback for a team in transition. Widely expected to be on the move unless Drew Brees retires." The number is certainly a bit shocking, although Bridgewater does deserve credit for posting above-average rankings in adjusted yards per attempt (15th), QB Rating (11th), TD Rate (13th) and completion rate (6th) among 38 QBs to start at least five games in 2019. Of course, the Saints did offer Bridgewater just about the most QB-friendly offense possible, as he was seldom asked to do more than check the ball down to Alvin Kamara or Michael Thomas. Either way: Bridgewater figures to command starter-caliber money from someone in 2020. The Saints will likely need to make a decision between keeping Bridgewater or Taysom Hill if Drew Brees wishes to continue playing in 2020.
SOURCE: uStadium on Twitter
Feb 17, 2020, 4:13 PM ET

There's surely no way this happens. That clip itself says that he's probably a bridge QB. Why pay him $30m for a guy that you don't really believe in to begin with?

Bridgewater should take less money for a chance to genuinely compete for a start.

There's surely no way this happens. That clip itself says that he's probably a bridge QB. Why pay him $30m for a guy that you don't really believe in to begin with?

Bridgewater should take less money for a chance to genuinely compete for a start.
hed be a bridge qb for a team like the bengals, if burrows is gonna sit for a year. or a team like miami if they miss out on tua. etc.

hed be a starter for a team like the chargers or titans etc.

he'll have various bridge and starter teams to choose from. he'll obviously take the starter job for a team willing to invest and who miss out on one in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back