NFL 2020 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

4 firsts and 2 seconds probably a minimum. Burrow seen as a much more sure fire franchise QB than RG3 was.

Would be a hell of a ballsy move by both franchises, but one I reckon the Dolphins should take if they are serious and the Bengals are considering it.
If I were the Bengals, you would NEVER trade out of #1 if you have a can't miss Burrow. Your franchise would be haunted and mocked forever.
If I were the Dolphins, I would TRY, but if it got too expensive, all that draft capital you already have can fill up your entire roster with beastly players that are needed, that team needs more than one player.
At worst, you have Tua/Herbert/Love available....but you also have Lawrence next year.

Imagine if the bengals traded back to five in a package with the Dolphins and then the chargers jumped to two in a trade with the Redskins and took Tua.

This draft has the potential to be absolutely wild.

Last edited:
If I were the Bengals, you would NEVER trade out of #1 if you have a can't miss Burrow. Your franchise would be haunted and mocked forever.
If I were the Dolphins, I would TRY, but if it got too expensive, all that draft capital you already have can fill up your entire roster with beastly players that are needed, that team needs more than one player.
At worst, you have Tua/Herbert/Love available....but you also have Lawrence next year.

It's like Hawk said, all depends how big a difference your scouting team has between Burrow and Tua or Herbert if you're the Bengals.

It's like Hawk said, all depends how big a difference your scouting team has between Burrow and Tua or Herbert if you're the Bengals.
Bengals could like Herbert. But if Burrows is a "can't miss" #1, youd be silly to trade back. Bengals are actually already loaded talent-wise. Look what they did in free agency already, their D is smoking, they have a great young RB, and some excellent WRs. All they need is a QB.

Bengals could like Herbert. But if Burrows is a "can't miss" #1, youd be silly to trade back. Bengals are actually already loaded talent-wise. Look what they did in free agency already, their D is smoking, they have a great young RB, and some excellent WRs. All they need is a QB.

Could they potentially load up elsewhere in this draft (like oline which still needs some work) and say use Miami s two first rounders next year in a Burrow trade with their own to get Lawrence tho?

Either way, I agree, Dolphins will have to offer them an absolute shitload for them to consider moving, but they have a shitload to give, which makes it a possibility and fascinating.

Could they potentially load up elsewhere in this draft (like oline which still needs some work) and say use Miami s two first rounders next year in a Burrow trade with their own to get Lawrence tho?

Either way, I agree, Dolphins will have to offer them an absolute shitload for them to consider moving, but they have a shitload to give, which makes it a possibility and fascinating.
OL can be got anywhere in the 7 rounds, so many of the great ones are found all over the 7 rounds and even undrafted. You don't muck around with a potential franchise QB. They're harder to come by.

OL can be got anywhere in the 7 rounds, so many of the great ones are found all over the 7 rounds and even undrafted. You don't muck around with a potential franchise QB. They're harder to come by.

I know, I'm just playing devil's advocate. Sorry. :(...in order to be Mike Brown you have to be as dumb as Mike Brown and not care about winning.

NFL will probably look to cut ties with ESPN if he doesn't shut up soon. 😂

Roger will silence him or hurt him through his wallet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone read this story yet? Bizarre if it's true. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's Pats misinformation and they end up drafting YGM in the 4th or something haha...

Draft Scams!
Speaking of the draft, the pandemic has really raised concerns over how the “show” will be conducted. Given the dearth of sports content these days, the 2020 NFL Draft is likely to set viewing records. But more importantly, teams are concerned about how to set their draft boards, particularly when it comes to assessing injuries and character red flags. The in-person visits to team facilities provide the opportunity to dive into the issues directly with draft candidates.

Recently, the New England Patriots conducted a virtual workout with Penn State defensive lineman Yetur Gross-Matos. But with virtual, there’s always the threat of deceit as the Patriots learned the hard way. Gross-Matos did not run the 40-yard dash at The Combines but did so, virtually for the Patriots, at the Nittany Lions’ Holuba Hall.

Or so the Patriots thought…

It turns out that Gross-Matos had his younger and faster cousin run the 40 in his stead. The two are strikingly similar in looks and build. And they nearly duped Bill Belichick’s scouts. Apparently, about 15 yards beyond the finish line of the 40-yard dash, sits a tunnel that continues into the men’s locker room. After cousin Yiannis Gross-Matos entered the tunnel following the dash, Yetur re-emerged, dressed in exactly the same clothes – except for one minor detail which proved to be the fatal flaw.

Yiannis wore a black Under Armour wristband on his left arm as he entered the tunnel. When Yatur emerged, pretending to have run the dash himself, he faced the camera to help solidify the scam. But the Patriots’ officials noticed a white Nittany Lions wrist band instead. The black UA one was gone.

That observation led to additional scrutiny of the video and sure enough, Gross-Matos was busted. Now, many draft analysts expect him to fall to Day 3 of the 2020 NFL Draft. As the saying goes, it’s tough to cheat a cheater.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back