NFL 2020 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Madden is crap, I would rather just see the players highlight package and then a discussion on the pick.

They will be playing to a huge audience of which a sizable number are Madden heads who don't think it is crap (yes, myself included).

Will it be gimmicky? Yeah probably but seeing as it looks like something that will be included in the game this year, why not, it'll only be a small part of the coverage.

Agree with this, but also dont mind this madden idea ADDED to what you said. Both of them can work together. Why not, something different too!
I just think they will over use it and it will be cringe.

Whats your favourite draft podcast to listen to? I don't mind the PFF one or the Ross Tucker eps with Greg Cosell.

Mel and Tod over at espn are painful to listen to so I steer clear of that one.

I'm keen to listen to more in the lead up

In a memo sent to all 32 teams Monday, commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the 2020 NFL draft will be conducted "entirely outside of their facilities and in a fully virtual format."

Essentially, it's like a fantasy football draft conducted entirely from remote locations with each and every member of the front offices and coaching staffs checking in from their respective homes. Some teams had looked into holding their drafts at a central meeting point, like a brewery, but the NFL wants all clubs to "operate in a consistent and fair way." This is something we've obviously never seen before and could lead to a number of technical issues throughout the weekend, but the NFL is determined to get through it. NFL offices have been closed since March 13 and team facilities were shut down March 26.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 6, 2020, 2:38 PM ET

Do you think we'll see an increase in allocated time to make picks in each round? Makes sense.

I'm sure the NFL would love to drag out the telecast as long as possible.

EA are the biggest bunch of arseholes in he gaming industry.

Obv suck up to Goodell when their licensed is nearly up, "look at what we can do for the NFL moving forward Roger"....meanwhile it's all hands on deck to try and look innovative for the draft and NFL...Madden itself tho is once again put on the backburner for another couple of months.

Don't worry about putting resource and money into that. Do a one off draft night thing that will never be used again. 👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They make a couple of very good games once upon a time then live of the brand/name, or attempt to anyway.

They killed NBA Live they've done exactly the same to Madden.

How high could the two big WRs Jeudy and Lamb go? Either have say top 6 potential?

I keep seeing where they are getting mocked in the low teens and i just think they go higher. Both look elite. I could see New York take a swing at one to give Jones a star Running Back and Wide Receiver

What did he change this time?

He finally has Tua moving in the right direction. Phil told Chris he was a moron having Love ahead of him.

Phil should do his list for him.

He finally has Tua moving in the right direction. Phil told Chris he was a moron having Love ahead of him.

Phil should do his list for him.
If you keep changing your mind every week it shows you have no idea, and also, it shows your not GM caliber. Eg, he wont end up like a Mayock, much respected and eventually getting a gig as GM. You need to have conviction in your scouting, able to set a draft board for keeps. Too many prospects for a person to constantly keep going over his previous lists and altering them every week. You need to move on to other positions.

Lol

The NFL is planning a "complete mock draft dry run" with all 32 teams in an attempt to familiarize executives with how the virtual NFL Draft will be completed.
With the draft completely moving virtually due to the coronavirus, general managers and owners are worried about how details of the draft will be worked out. Specifically, how many people can meet in one location, how to prevent teams from hacking online communication, how long they'll have between picks, among other things. You'd think multi-billion dollar organizations can figure out a Zoom call without panicking in 2020, but the NFL loves drama and isn't exactly known for being the progressive American sports league. Of course, the teams won't be giving out secrets during this scheduled mock draft, so this really is a non-story.
SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter
Apr 7, 2020, 7:17 PM ET

The New York Post confirms T.V. production of this year's draft will be an ESPN/NFL Network simulcast.
NBC's Peter King first reported as such on Monday. With NFL Network's production capabilities shuttered as COVID-19 lockdowns remain in place, ESPN will take the lead, with NFL Network personalities mixing in. Per reporter Andrew Marchand, various prospects will "film their reactions from their draft night locations" with equipment provided by the league. It will be a decidedly lo-fi affair, though no one will be complaining considering the circumstances. With teams required to draft from home, technical snafus that would normally be annoying figure to add many moments of levity to what is often an over-serious affair.
SOURCE: New York Post
Apr 7, 2020, 5:01 PM ET

Lol what a s**t GM, cant operate on the fly...

The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Steelers GM Kevin Colbert proposed that teams should be awarded three extra draft picks to offset any coronavirus restrictions.
Shoot your shot. The league's lack of available private workouts and visits to team facilities have obviously thrown some organizations for a loop, forcing much displeasure behind closed doors. While Colbert's suggestion that a 10-round draft would widen any margin for error isn't exactly false, it emphasizes some front office's prehistoric thought processes and pre-draft preparation when forced to evaluate outside the box. April's draft — a "fully virtual" experience — will undoubtedly result in multiple late-round and undrafted players being impacted by the entire process.
SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter
Apr 7, 2020, 12:04 PM ET

NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay believes the Redskins are focusing on Ohio State DE Chase Young with the No. 2 overall pick.
The Redskins will be tempted to trade down by quarterback-needy teams, but Young is close to a no-brainer if Ron Rivera and company are committed to Dwayne Haskins. It's not a stretch to say that Young profiles as this year's Nick Bosa as an instant difference maker up front. Rivera would be an excellent coach for Young to match up with as a rookie.
RELATED:
SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter
Apr 7, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back