OROY: Jerry Jeudy
DROY: Kenneth Murray
CPOY: Rob Gronkowski
Rushing Yards: Nick Chubb
All-purpose yards: Saquon Barkley
Receptions: Terry McLaurin
Receiving Yards: DJ Chark
Sacks: Myles Garrett

In general, why tf is everyone so high on a Seahawks team who went 10-2 in one score games last year, had a point differential of +7, plays in the best division in the league, has a coach who doesn't know how to utilise their strengths and didn't get better this offseason?

Didn't get better yet only added the best safety in football and has more running back depth than Travis Homer after losing to the Packers away by less than a score in the divisional round. 😂

I was pretty close to putting them 4th in the NFCW, but in the end having the 2nd best QB in the NFL lead me to think they'll still be a 10-11 win team

Plus, rating them pretty highly isn't exactly uncommon - they are equal 5th favourites for the SB according to the bookies

Shanahomers don't care for 2nd best qbs.

In general, why tf is everyone so high on a Seahawks team who went 10-2 in one score games last year, had a point differential of +7, plays in the best division in the league, has a coach who doesn't know how to utilise their strengths and didn't get better this offseason?

It's a very interesting point actually LA. I think from the perspective that they were so close to winning their div, and there may be some improvement from them while I expect a little regression from SF. That's so funny though with the 10-2 in one score games, because the Packers being 8-1 in one score games last year apparently means they suck. Funny.

It's a very interesting point actually LA. I think from the perspective that they were so close to winning their div, and there may be some improvement from them while I expect a little regression from SF. That's so funny though with the 10-2 in one score games, because the Packers being 8-1 in one score games last year apparently means they suck. Funny.

Did the Packers get better? Serious question? Can the defense match last year's output? Particularly the pass rush?

Coz the offense most certainly didn't.

Didn't get better yet only added the best safety in football and has more running back depth than Travis Homer after losing to the Packers away by less than a score in the divisional round. 😂
Good point about the safety, that's about it tho

Green Bay vs. Seattle was a certified nuffy fight bro. Glorified wild card game. They would've been out in philly if Wentz didnt go out

Good point about the safety, that's about it tho

Green Bay vs. Seattle was a certified nuffy fight bro. Glorified wild card game. They would've been out in philly if Wentz didnt go out

Seattle got slammed with injuries late in the season from memory. If Olsen and Dissley can stay healthy theyll be a nice duo at TE also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seahawks are still a good 9/10/11 win team. Im wondering why like 50% of people on here are picking them to be in the fricking Super Bowl

Did the Packers get better? Serious question? Can the defense match last year's output? Particularly the pass rush?

Coz the offense most certainly didn't.
Haha ehh look I kinda don't wanna say this stuff in general threads, would rather the team thread but basically I think both sides of the ball will show improvement being in their second years together, particularly the offence.

Seahawks are still a good 9/10/11 win team. Im wondering why like 50% of people on here are picking them to be in the fricking Super Bowl

Yeah that's agreeable. They'd be at best the fourth best team in the NFC and that's perhaps generous.

Haha ehh look I kinda don't wanna say this stuff in general threads, would rather the team thread but basically I think both sides of the ball will show improvement being in their second years together, particularly the offence.

Yeah that's agreeable. They'd be at best the fourth best team in the NFC and that's perhaps generous.

I think that's a bit of a "oh I've got nothing positive to say so I'll say 2nd year improvememt coz it sounds good"

If anything id be concerned , LaFleur is still massively unproven as an offense mimded head coach. Outside the job with the Rams where he was the OC but he wasn't he's been medicare at best. Could easily see it going backwards with the lack of weapons.

And the defense has had more than one year under Mike Pettine now.

NFC is much more wide open which is in Seattle's favour

9ers, Saints, Cowboys are all above them IMO. Then there's the Bucs, Packers etc. On that same tier competing with them
Yes, agreed.

I think that's a bit of a "oh I've got nothing positive to say so I'll say 2nd year improvememt coz it sounds good"

If anything id be concerned , LaFleur is still massively unproven as an offense mimded head coach. Outside the job with the Rams where he was the OC but he wasn't he's been medicare at best. Could easily see it going backwards with the lack of weapons.

And the defense has had more than one year under Mike Pettine now.
Haha no mate not at all, most reports I’ve seen from training camp and everything you hear is that the offense has gelled and gained a much better understanding of the system over this off season. I heard Rodgers talk about just how different this system was to the one he had become so used to and how difficult he found it.
The weapons haven’t changed, it’s the same s**t with Adams being a top three WR. Then the average band of Lazard, Valdes Scandling and St Brown - I don’t think any of them stand out but can all have their days, Lazard had a good season last year as the number two and this year it could be any of the other guys turn.
The defense has had more than one year with Pettine but I think even you may acknowledge that adding four starters in an offseason including the leaders of the defense can be judged as a reset of a side of the ball. A healthy Kirksey is a sizeable upgrade on Martinez too.

Yes, agreed.

Haha no mate not at all, most reports I’ve seen from training camp and everything you hear is that the offense has gelled and gained a much better understanding of the system over this off season. I heard Rodgers talk about just how different this system was to the one he had become so used to and how difficult he found it.
The weapons haven’t changed, it’s the same sh*t with Adams being a top three WR. Then the average band of Lazard, Valdes Scandling and St Brown - I don’t think any of them stand out but can all have their days, Lazard had a good season last year as the number two and this year it could be any of the other guys turn.
The defense has had more than one year with Pettine but I think even you may acknowledge that adding four starters in an offseason including the leaders of the defense can be judged as a reset of a side of the ball. A healthy Kirksey is a sizeable upgrade on Martinez too.

Kirksey is a gun if he can hold up for sure, but he hasn't done that since three years ago now. Who knows if he's even the same player anymore.

The issue I have with the Packers is last year's first rounder Gary looks like a complete bust/playing in the wrong system for his skill set and this year's first rounder is your back up qb. Then your third rounder this year is your third string running back. So you've added basically nothing in the way of up and coming talent that could take you to another level this season.

A lot of faith being placed in the undrafted Lazard and under performing VS and ESB.

Missing Bulaga on the oline who is a quality solid starter. The improvememt will have to come from the likes of Sternberger but he's apparently behind the 8ball from what I've read.

Pretty much I can't see Aaron Jones having the season he had last year. Would be pretty epic if he could repeat it. But history suggests he won't.

So it comes down to Aaron. Who is another year older. Who is working with below average weapons outside Adams. God he!p him if Adams has another injury/concussion plagued season.

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

AFC East
Bills
Pats
Dolphins
Jets

AFC South
Titans