NFL 2020 NFL - Week 17 (The final nail for AmericanCrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Rams QB Jared Goff can delay thumb surgery until after the season.
Goff broke and dislocated the thumb on his throwing hand in Sunday's loss to the Seahawks. Even if Goff can hold off on a surgical repair of the thumb, he will be up against it to play in Week 17 against the Cardinals, and might not be ready for the team's first playoff game if they sneak into the postseason. The Rams could have to start 2018 UDFA John Wolford against Arizona. Wolford, 25, has never taken a regular season NFL snap. Playing for the Alliance American Football's Arizona Hotshots in 2019, Wolford completed 63 percent of his passes for 1,617 yards, 14 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 95.9 quarterback rating. Godspeed to the Rams.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 28, 2020, 9:51 AM ET

Drew Lock is tied with Carson Wentz for the league lead with 15 interceptions.
That Wentz is still atop the INT leader board after riding the pine for three weeks is remarkable. Lock threw another two picks Sunday against the Chargers in the Broncos' 19-16 loss. Lock, who has the lowest completion rate in the NFL, has a turnover in every game this year except the season opener. He's been a disaster throughout the 2020 season. His performance will force the Broncos to once again rethink their future at quarterback, though general manager John Elway seems intent on giving Lock every chance to fail.
SOURCE: Nick Kosmider on Twitter
Dec 28, 2020, 9:16 AM ET

Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed that some "key starters" won't play in Week 17 against the Chargers.
Reid wasn't specific as to which players would have a chance to rest, but odds are Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Frank Clark, Tyrann Mathieu, and Chris Jones (just to name a few) don't sniff the field on Sunday. 35-year-old Chad Henne, who hasn't started a game since 2014, will likely get the nod under center instead with Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle as the team's starting wideouts. The Chiefs will be at full speed again when all return for the Divisional Round.
SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter
Dec 28, 2020, 1:08 PM ET

Frank Gore (lung contusion) won't play in Week 17 against the Patriots.
The 37-year-old again led the Jets in carries on Sunday but suffered a season-ending lung contusion in-game. It's possible this marks the end of Gore's historic 16-year career, but we'll believe that when we see it; there are some rumors he's looking to play until his son, Frank Gore Jr., is eligible to declare for the NFL draft in 2023. Whatever the case, 2020 will close as Gore's 16th consecutive season with 500-plus rushing yards and 125-plus rushing attempts (both NFL records), ultimately leaving him just 726 yards shy of second all-time behind Walter Payton (16,726) for the most rushing yards in league history. Gore, 38 in May, will likely already have decided to return for his 17th season before the clock turns another year.
SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Dec 28, 2020, 2:08 PM ET

Wasnt die to Tua, but good coaching, culture, and good mod+late round selections. Perfect example, Steelers or Patriots or Packers, who are always picking late every round but still find gems and still maintain being better than teams supposedly stealing all the talent before them. Patriots especially who cant draft, yet continued to be dominant for two decades. Andrew Luck generational talent too. Look how many top QBs end up sh*t anyway --- Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, etc etc
But all those three teams have struggled when their QBs were out injured. Finding that franchise qb hides holes in the list as well

I personally hate fans celebrating losses for higher draft picks. Its a disgrace. Not like Andrew Luck did anything for the Colts (SBs). It might seem the smart play, but it seldom works out. A top rated QB, usually it masks or prolongs all the other deficiencies you still have.

Nah * it. I don't think the team tried to fail, but they aren't good.

We need a top end talent infusion, and need it quick. Why would I want us to do things to take us away from getting that?

That our last Superbowl win's season was heavily influenced by the likes of Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, and Wentz- the earliest picks we have had, only fortifies my mind that I should be happier with that than wins that serve no benefit.

Nah fu** it. I don't think the team tried to fail, but they aren't good.

We need a top end talent infusion, and need it quick. Why would I want us to do things to take us away from getting that?

That our last Superbowl win's season was heavily influenced by the likes of Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, and Wentz- the earliest picks we have had, only fortifies my mind that I should be happier with that than wins that serve no benefit.
Your situation is even trickier. This week still had a slim chance of winning division. Many would be rooting for the win, set up a wk17 decider for the division and a chance at a super bowl run. Many wouldve reconciled the team aint going anywhere and rather lose and have a higher pick. Now after that loss, probably both sections wanting a loss to deny Dallas as well as a higher pick.

Jets fans wanting a 0-16 season. Panthers fans wanting a loss to stay at #5 not end up #10 and miss out on top QBs.

It's not cut and dry like i posted, varying degrees. Still dont like it, no guarantee 5 is better than 10 etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your situation is even trickier. This week still had a slim chance of winning division. Many would be rooting for the win, set up a wk17 decider for the division and a chance at a super bowl run. Many wouldve reconciled the team aint going anywhere and rather lose and have a higher pick. Now after that loss, probably both sections wanting a loss to deny Dallas as well as a higher pick.

Jets fans wanting a 0-16 season. Panthers fans wanting a loss to stay at #5 not end up #10 and miss out on top QBs.

It's not cut and dry like i posted, varying degrees. Still dont like it, no guarantee 5 is better than 10 etc

There's no guarantee that you pick right, but there is absolutely a guarantee that any player available at 10 will be available at 5.

The Jags fans want to win, the no 1 pick is worth way more than a win. Blame the system not the fans

Washington Football Team waived QB Dwayne Haskins.
It's the culmination of a professionally catastrophic week for Haskins, who was fined $40,000 and stripped of his team captain title after violating COVID-19 protocols by attending a party maskless. The team was forced into starting him in Week 16 against the Panthers, who looked like the 1985 Bears defense with Haskins completing half of his passes for 154 yards, two interceptions, and a fumble. He was benched in favor of Taylor Heinicke, who had never played a regular season NFL snap but proved a major upgrade over Haskins. Heinicke will back up Alex Smith (calf) if Smith is able to play in the Football Team's critical Week 17 matchup against the Eagles. He ends his tumultuous two-year run in Washington with a 60.1 percent completion rate, 12 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. In a statement, head coach Ron Rivera thanked Haskins for his contributions. Haskins will be another team's project.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 28, 2020, 12:43 PM ET

Goff has surgery on thumb.
Walford to start.
Rams sign Bortles to serve as backup.

Rams will probably put up 40 now without Goff.

I got a dislocated thumb once playing cricket, didn't dislocate sideways like I usually see, the bone pushed down into my palm, from my knuckle above on my thumb was just limp skin, bloke had to clap a couple of times on my palm to push the bone back in. swelled up like a mother *er once back in. I couldn't fap for a week, sad times.

I got a dislocated thumb once playing cricket, didn't dislocate sideways like I usually see, the bone pushed down into my palm, from my knuckle above on my thumb was just limp skin, bloke had to clap a couple of times on my palm to push the bone back in. swelled up like a mother f***er once back in. I couldn't fap for a week, sad times.
Dont wanna bore the board/bored with my litany of gruesome injuries....but safe to say nothing prevented me from fapping

"I take full responsibility for not meeting the standards of a NFL QB & will become a better man & player because of this experience."

DH#7 i hope you can get your **** and not be a flame out like a Manziel on a new team.

Will believe it when. I see i, even if he does straighten up his act in respect to off-field stuff , he's just not a very good player. Have been loving Ron's work from afar. Not taking any s**t.

Last edited:
Dont wanna bore the board/bored with my litany of gruesome injuries....but safe to say nothing prevented me from fapping

I think I tried left handed from memory and decided the finish wasn't worth the very unco effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back