NFL 2020 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we regress during the bye week.

Stay tuned.
There's a lot of speculation on whether or not the Vikings will be active before the trade deadline - if players like Reilly Reif and Kyle Rudolph get moved then you can assume a full rebuild (aka "tank") is in play....

There's a lot of speculation on whether or not the Vikings will be active before the trade deadline - if players like Reilly Reif and Kyle Rudolph get moved then you can assume a full rebuild (aka "tank") is in play....
I think you are still too good to tank. you have Cook and some good weapons to throw to.

Its a year where there are so many poor teams that even someone who is average and tries to tank might miss on a top 10 pick. and with the College season being what it is. scouting is harder and will use much more tape on past years to evaluate players.

and trading away loved players can cause locker room issues. exhibit A Texans

Would be somewhat sad in the case of Kyle, though it makes sense at this stage while he still has decent value and with Irv looking capable.

In my current Vikings mood i'm kind of indifferent to whichever way they plan to finish out the year, as bad as that is to say haha.

I think you are still too good to tank. you have Cook and some good weapons to throw to.

Its a year where there are so many poor teams that even someone who is average and tries to tank might miss on a top 10 pick. and with the College season being what it is. scouting is harder and will use much more tape on past years to evaluate players.

and trading away loved players can cause locker room issues. exhibit A Texans

Never been a better time to tank, particularly with Cousins contract. Vikings getting a quality qb on a rookie deal is probably their only hope of getting out of his contract mess.

Going to be hard pressed to out suck all of the Jets, Washington and Giants having said that. So many qb needy teams this year. Will be hard work trying to trade ahead of any of them if you do finish with a better record.

Never been a better time to tank, particularly with Cousins contract. Vikings getting a quality qb on a rookie deal is probably their only hope of getting out of his contract mess.
Wasnt part of why Cousins picked the Vikings was the no trade clause they offered? or have they redone it and removed it since?

Wasnt part of why Cousins picked the Vikings was the no trade clause they offered? or have they redone it and removed it since?

They extended him by another 2 years before the season started. Massive fail. Dead cap is thru the roof if they want to cut him at the end of this season, something like 34 mil from memory, but I could be wrong on that figure.

Thats just fear teams have on getting stuck with someone like Dalton. you overpay for the mid tier QB's so you dont get stuck with or have to fight for and overpay some scrub. Its been that way for years and wont ever change.

They extended him by another 2 years before the season started. Massive fail. Dead cap is thru the roof if they want to cut him at the end of this season, something like 34 mil from memory, but I could be wrong on that figure.
If they cut him before the 3rd day of the new league year, he'd cost them a dead cap hit of $41m, which is $10m more than his 2021 salary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they cut him before the 3rd day of the new league year, he'd cost them a dead cap hit of $41m, which is $10m more than his 2021 salary

Trade hits are not too bad assuming the no trade clause went away with the new extention.

Vikings only other out might be to trade for someone like Jones or Darnold given both will still have years left on their rookie deal and both franchises likely to draft qbs.

See if you could get anything out of one of them for a season then go to the draft the following season if no good.

Maybe the Browns will take Cousins for a second round pick like they did Brock for the Texans now PDP is back in charge.?. 😜

However, I must admit that turned into Chubb

;)

Tiered Rankings

TIER ONE
Titans, Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens

TIER TWO
Buccaneers, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Bears

TIER THREE
Packers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals

TIER FOUR
Lions, Falcons, Chargers, 49ers, Eagles, Colts, Texans, Patriots, Broncos

TIER FIVE
Washington, Bengals, Giants, Vikings, Jaguars

TIER SIX
Jets, Ciwboys

Tiered Rankings

TIER ONE
Titans, Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens

TIER TWO
Buccaneers, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Bears

TIER THREE
Packers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals

TIER FOUR
Lions, Falcons, Chargers, 49ers, Eagles, Colts, Texans, Patriots, Broncos

TIER FIVE
Washington, Bengals, Giants, Vikings, Jaguars

TIER SIX
Jets, Ciwboys

Packers drop two tiers after one loss..?

Brutal power rankings. 👌

Packers drop two tiers after one loss..?

Brutal power rankings. 👌

packers / rodgers only beat up teams at home and lose too often as road team to a good home, frauds basically. compare to who bears have beaten (in spite of poor qb play)

cowboys are rock bottom with jets now because theres internal feuding and a collapse about to happen due to it, players mailing it in, and you just have to see that performance versus the cardinals as example of that. confident over the coming weeks we will see the cowboys justify that sixth tier rating.

bills are frauds now too after getting pounded by titans and worked over by chiefs

packers / rodgers only beat up teams at home and lose too often as road team to a good home, frauds basically. compare to who bears have beaten (in spite of poor qb play)

cowboys are rock bottom with jets now because theres internal feuding and a collapse about to happen due to it, players mailing it in, and you just have to see that performance versus the cardinals as example of that. confident over the coming weeks we will see the cowboys justify that sixth tier rating.

bills are frauds now too after getting pounded by titans and worked over by chiefs

Solid reasoning, was more questioning why you didn't anticipate the Packers being frauds before it happened then rather than giving them a tier 1 rating to begin with.

I think everyone is entitled to a poor showing every now and then. But maybe the packers were indeed overrated. Tier 2 drop would be understandable , tier 3 seems harsh.

The bills haven't been terrible losing to two tier one teams. Hardly frauds.

The Cowboys I agree. An absolute mess at the moment. Disgusting loss to the cards. Absolutely pathetic. Too busy pointing the finger at each other and coaches. Only bloke Ive heard take responsibility for a s**t performance is Zeke. Everyone else in arse saving mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back