NFL 2020 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

1603750914386.png

Them fresh feels before you throw 3 picks against an injury depleted team and get benched

I wonder what he was carrying in his brief case because it sure as * wasn't a play book

View attachment 996252

Them fresh feels before you throw 3 picks against an injury depleted team and get benched

I wonder what he was carrying in his brief case because it sure as fu** wasn't a play book

It's much better than the s**t he used to wear in Carolina, at least he looks the part now while playing like trash. Props to him for getting his fashion sense together finally.

It's much better than the sh*t he used to wear in Carolina, at least he looks the part now while playing like trash. Props to him for getting his fashion sense together finally.
1603752262729.png

1603752306849.png

1603752306284.png

Attachments

• 1603752279984.png
    1603752279984.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 29
It's much better than the sh*t he used to wear in Carolina, at least he looks the part now while playing like trash. Props to him for getting his fashion sense together finally.
But why dress like that turning up for training? It’s like wearing a suit for the gym. Vanity gone mad. You really have to wonder at the guy’s mindset getting ready going to work, because a lot of thought/time is going into what to wear.

Noob question

I don't understand spiking the ball to stop the clock

When can you do it? How often can you do it? What's the difference between spiking the ball and a timeout?
Usually do it if you dont have any timeouts left, or you are trying to save one maybe. Just a loss of a down basically, so if you get a first down, get set, and spike it quickly it stops the clock and you are on 2nd down.

My only question on it was always that it is Intentional Grounding, which of course is a penalty. But must be a loophole in that rule.

But why dress like that turning up for training? It’s like wearing a suit for the gym. Vanity gone mad. You really have to wonder at the guy’s mindset getting ready going to work, because a lot of thought/time is going into what to wear.

No arguments here. He's more concerned with social status/fashion/social media than playing good football, been like that for a while now. Just saying at least he is looking sharp now rather than looking like Mugatu out of Zoolander.

Almost as if he hes had one eye on retirement for the past 3 or 4 years now and is concerned with building a brand , which is smart, but don't carry on pretending you want to prove the haters wrong when it's apparent your eye isn't on the ball so to speak. Too much of his energy is focused on off field things.

Last edited:
My only question on it was always that it is Intentional Grounding, which of course is a penalty. But must be a loophole in that rule.

There is a rule specifically written for spiking the ball to stop the clock - Section 2 Item 3
Item 3: Stopping Clock - A player under center is permitted to stop the game clock legally to save time if, immediately upon receiving the snap, he begins a continuous throwing motion and throws the ball directly into the ground.
Note a delayed spike is intentional grounding

Noob question

When can you do it? How often can you do it? What's the difference between spiking the ball and a timeout?
To add on to what manu said:
Spiking the ball
= can do it however many times you want (although it is really only done at the end of the half/game when you want to save time outs or don't have any left)
= counts as a play (i.e. if you spike it on first down, the next play is 2nd down)
= takes time to have everyone line up, get set and then spike the ball (usually ~7 secs from the end of the previous play)

Timeout
= limited to 3 per half
= doesn't count as a play (i.e. if its 1st down and you call a time out, the next play is still 1st down)
= can be done immediately at the end of a play, thus saving more time than a spike does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noob question

& although not common, a team can run a fake spike play just to really piss opposition supporters off

now add Torn ACL's on picks thrown and % of throws into extra coverage. because on paper OBJ looks bad, but he doesnt get single coverage much. Now Landry will have the extra defenders float to his sideline.

Here I was contemplating cutting McKinnon from fantasy after barely any runs after Mostert injury.

Hasty time. He's a quiet beast. 6.4 yards per carry yesterday. Flashes on tape. Looks the part.

Noob question

Spiking the ball is an incomplete forward pass which of course, stops the clock and rolls over to the next down. Except I don’t think they include it as an incompletion on the quarterback’s stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back