Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Nikos will have a lot of people unable to pay their rent. Everybody hurts

True Luke , but a lot of these joints employ a lot of young “off the boaters” who came to Oz to due financial crisis in the homeland .

They have entitlements, as you and I, as one or both of their parents hold an Australian passport.
As a result a lot of them live with relatives or are in sharehouse arrangements , where rent is relatively cheap , and are already all over Centrelink payments

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder if the club/AFL would consider extending the final membership date to the end of the year, and let everyone pay half their regular monthly installment?
If i get laid off in the next week as expected, those remaining 4 payments are going to sting!

I wonder if the club/AFL would consider extending the final membership date to the end of the year, and let everyone pay half their regular monthly installment?
If i get laid off in the next week as expected, those remaining 4 payments are going to sting!

If you rang them and told them you had been laid off they would look after you mate. Plus, no shame in pulling the plug if you are short on coin.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you rang them and told them you had been laid off they would look after you mate. Plus, no shame in pulling the plug if you are short on coin.
Cheers mate. Reckon I'll be ok-ish. I'll defs keep the membership unless something catastrophic happens. But any relief that helps people stay signed up would be great IMO.

Cheers mate. Reckon I'll be ok-ish. I'll defs keep the membership unless something catastrophic happens. But any relief that helps people stay signed up would be great IMO.

Just saw an article about the clubs organising a uniform response to do just that and give people options.

It said it’ll take them a couple of weeks.

Everyone’s situations is different and changes over time.

When the club nearly went **** up I was pretty broke and couldn’t do much but a few bucks here and there.

Now I’m a bit older and a bit more settled so I can be a bit more free and easy - but it can change!

Good luck with your job mate! And everyone for that matter!

It has been running through my mind lately, that given the difficulties our (and every) club will face over the months ahead, I might buy another 3 game membership. We bought and paid our normal reserved seat memberships last year and our separate AFL memberships are paid monthly.

The 3 game memberships cost I think $99 and its not much from the club's point of view, but it is a very tiny bit of cashflow and better (not much) than nothing, plus it is another membership to add to the tally, that our enemies like to use to illustrate how much we struggle.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Is the MCC giving refunds? I'll gladly put whatever I get back from those GoDees loving campaigners into NMFC's coffers.

They have hinted at it but nothing announced. Given the membership year encompassed the 2019 AFL finals series and I think all of the cricket I don't think it will be much.

Stopped thinking about it and just paid the $99 for the three game membership.

Just to further justify in my own mind that buying another membership is okay from a cost perspective, I thought I would work out how much we will save by not going to the football by car this year.

Just for ease of calculation, let's assume all games are at Marvel Stadium, which for us by car is a 56 km round trip, approximately. Assuming we would have ordinarily gone to 12 games that's a total of 672 kilometres saved. The RACV estimates that it costs $250 a week (including depreciation) or $13000 a year to travel on average 15000 kilometres a year. That equates to $0.8666 a kilometre or for the 672 kilometres we would have travelled, or $582 for the year.

Makes the $99 look pretty good value to not go to the footy. (Of course we could go by train and save the car, but hey what the hell)

Back