Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a membership card. Sentimental, nostalgic ...... whatever, it's a something that threads together generations of family members, friends, a football club. It should be sent regardless. No thread, no connection and so on. Even my old footy club pops out a plastic card so I can flip it at whoever to say I am a member, a part of that club, same as Old Tommy who kicked 7 to win the flag in 1976, Jacko who always had a smoke on the wing after half time and Scotty, Stevo and Hammer who roomed with me on the trip away all through the noughties. Keep your hat, your water bottle, poxy stickers, give us a membership card.

then ask for the card - done

FWIW, I did the club survey and made one suggestion. Don't get rid of the card.

I can get my card, I'm happy.

FWIW also, the facebook page i'm on, a few early comments about it being good to get rid of the plastic and move on.

No not at all. I haven't whinged at the performances going out onto the park this year. I know where we're at.

This might be a small thing but it's important to the club's identity and those who love the club. The club is clearly hoping that the majority of the members can't be arsed in calling up and asking for a 'sentimental' card. The very idea of calling it sentimental is so utterly and completely patronising.

Again where was the 'deep consultation'?

I do the club survey every year - it was a topic last year i think. Not sure ';deep consultation' is required for this level item but they do the large survey every year.

It says this;

" the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice. "

The card will be available to those who want it!

It also says for those without a smart phone there are several options.

Don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist

A "souvenir card"

WTF is that?

One of these?

1599049145257.png

Why should I have to make a special application for something that is a football cultural staple?

They should be the ones asking us if we want a ******* barcode on our phone instead!!!!!

Why is the default position ALWAYS a traditional members item?

A "souvenir card"

WTF is that?

One of these?

View attachment 951685

Why should I have to make a special application for something that is a football cultural staple?

They should be the ones asking us if we want a ******* barcode on our phone instead!!!!!

Why is the default position ALWAYS a traditional members item?

They did - in the annual survey.

I understand you have an issue.

I am happy the club can save some money as most don't give a crap and I can still get my card.

Suits me fine.

There are 4 (two flags/125th and 150) Membership cards that I have that mean anything since 1990, the rest like the Caps are just box fillers these days.

I don’t know about the deep consultation but do remember the survey and the questions were very clear that the Cards were in jeopardy.

I'm afraid I see this as a backward move by the club. We've had membership cards for as long as I can remember and I for one keep every one of them. To me they symbolise my connection to this club and before it was this club, it was the same with the Fitzroy Football Club. Even if there are economic and environmental benefits to this move, 2021 is not the year to do this.

We are a very frazzled group of supporters in my opinion, as is most of the population no doubt. But the combination of a horrible injury list, a 3-11 win/loss ratio, our team located in a different state (yes all Melbourne clubs in that boat), uncertainty about the futures of BennyB and Polec in particular, our inability to get to see one live game this year, coupled with (and due to) this nightmarish pandemic everyone has had to endure, is in my opinion hardly the ideal recipe to foist on us, a change like this.

(Not to mention the fact that, my smart phone has worked out that when it comes to smart phones, I am not all that smart. Strange things happen when I use my smart phone, often leaving me red-faced and bewildered and others rolling around in mirth.)

I feel for the people who like the membership cards, I still have my 96 and 99 cards, those are a bit sentimental.

That being said, i bin them now, I am too old to be collecting s**t. I am also looking forward to not having to wait until the season is 3/4 over before i get my membership pack.

We have six Melb Victory memberships as well as the six NMFC Schimma memberships and they’re similarly priced. Both sides have been similarly s**t this season to cap it off, both being second last.

Victory have already contacted all members re next season (our memberships are Cat A Gold Reserved seats) and their plan is very different to North’s. Instead of 6 x $650 ish we’ll only be asked to fork out $650 total to ensure all 6 reserved seats are set aside for us to resume normal payment from season 2021/22, given there remains uncertainty about crowds allowed for next season. We all took that news with relief and will continue on regardless of whether or not we can attend next season.

Anyway, of course we’ll continue with the North Memberships but the same doubts about attendance remain so it could be no more than a donation again, at least in part.

Can’t wait for normality to return ffs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly. Lucky my little mate likes the Storm too, they seem to be more inclusive
Inclusive what a lot of 💩 we are supposed to be a club for the members not for a faceless bunch of snobs.
If this club continues to treat their supporters like 💩 we won’t be a Victorian based club but a full time Tasmanian club.
As supporters we have had to put up with the liars from this administration and past administrations plus supporters raising $$$ to be build new facilities that now not getting built and the loss of future player development with no more VFL team.
But all’s well that ends we still have the AWFL and VWFL teams so expect us to add a premiership cup to put behind glass soon as winning a AFL premiership cup and the supporters mean nothing to this administration but if my name was Brady Scanlon it would mean something as it’s HIS club not the supporters.

Club communicated via the surveys, cards are still available, email also clearly stated there would be multiple options for people that don't use smartphones.

Failing to see what the issue is here.

So the debt reduction donation was, or even still is, an opt out set up, but the membership card is now opt in?

That’s arse backwards if I’ve ever seen it.

You have to wonder about the sincerity of a regime that lauds the traditional cultural aspects of it's membership whilst diluting its traditional cultural symbology at the same time.

then ask for the card - done

FWIW, I did the club survey and made one suggestion. Don't get rid of the card.

I can get my card, I'm happy.

FWIW also, the facebook page i'm on, a few early comments about it being good to get rid of the plastic and move on.

Read the bloody fine print YF, it's a "souvenir card" not a membership card, and what exactly IS a "souvenir card"? Some hand drawn flimsy piece of paper they run off the photocopier?

If "Scott Wood" dreamed up this stunt, then he needs to get the arse!!!

It says this;

" the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice. "

The card will be available to those who want it!

It also says for those without a smart phone there are several options.

Don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist
Shut up and buy a membership

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Inclusive what a lot of 💩 we are supposed to be a club for the members not for a faceless bunch of snobs.
If this club continues to treat their supporters like 💩 we won’t be a Victorian based club but a full time Tasmanian club.
As supporters we have had to put up with the liars from this administration and past administrations plus supporters raising $$$ to be build new facilities that now not getting built and the loss of future player development with no more VFL team.
But all’s well that ends we still have the AWFL and VWFL teams so expect us to add a premiership cup to put behind glass soon as winning a AFL premiership cup and the supporters mean nothing to this administration but if my name was Brady Scanlon it would mean something as it’s HIS club not the supporters.
That's my point. How long before we're homeless, play in a grey jumper and are known as the Eastern Greys. Home games are played wherever the AFL Directorate deem on the eastern seaboard and away games are on the western side of the Westgate.

That's my point. How long before we're homeless, play in a grey jumper and are known as the Eastern Greys. Home games are played wherever the AFL Directorate deem on the eastern seaboard and away games are on the western side of the Westgate.

They'll ask 4 people around the office water cooler, then claim the had an in-depth consultation with the members.

First it was our scarves & beanies, then our social club medallions, and then they came for our membership cards...................all the while declaring their benevolence for not putting up the fees.

The people running the club aren't like us, and they don't know us. They are indicative of modern politics, detached.

I am happy if they completely re-work and re-imagine how they service the members. I loved the virtual card personally, and I think if they can use the virtual landscape to engage members in a much greater way, it should improve the contact while reducing overheads. The simple things to do like the scarf/hat offer and providing a glossy mag at the start of the year should be included to bridge the gap between the old and new direction.

I also think virtual hangouts etc should be considered to engage player and administrators. There is a lot of technology.

I am happy if they completely re-work and re-imagine how they service the members. I loved the virtual card personally, and I think if they can use the virtual landscape to engage members in a much greater way, it should improve the contact while reducing overheads. The simple things to do like the scarf/hat offer and providing a glossy mag at the start of the year should be included to bridge the gap between the old and new direction.

I also think virtual hangouts etc should be considered to engage player and administrators. There is a lot of technology.

Yeah, let's see how they like my "virtual" money.

They sent out a survey a few months ago to everyone and that was basically the only question on it. From there it was only going one way - everyone was going to say they wanted to keep them, then they were going to ignore that and get rid of them anyway. The AFL use this kind of softening up strategy all the time.

It's obviously a cost saving measure. I think I've seen an estimate somewhere that suggests these types of cards cost $3 each to make. $3 multiplied by 40,000 is $120,000 extra when you consider the so called price freeze (with $3 less value). If they had any business sense, which of course they don't, they would offer the card for a nominal fee of say $5 and if 10,000 people take it up that's an easy $20,000 after expenses. Personally I enjoy collecting them and between the barely useable app and the clunky Ticketmaster system I can see more than a few issues arising out of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back