Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Not likely.... they just sent me an email saying I need to give them my updated credit card details..... they got this in response:

Seriously?????

I opted out of the automatic sign up before last season and you invoiced me despite that, I made a complaint and you admitted that yes I had opted out and that there was an error at your end. Money erroneously withdrawn by you from my account was refunded, but not with out inconveniencing me. I made it clear at the time I wasn't impressed, And now you're trying it on again for another year?

I can send you the previous correspondence if you like?

I DO NOT WANT MY CARD USED WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION! PLEASE FIX THIS IN YOUR SYSTEM!

Not sure if you're aware but NMFC Membership team lost a lot of respect this year, sort yourselves out!

Disgruntledly yours,

Same. Every year I complain, and every year they sign me up again for auto-renewal.

I think someone last year confirmed with the club that this is standard policy. Using your credit card automatically keeps it on file for the next year, and you must opt out rather than opt in. I suppose the only way around this is paying cash in person (or not being an NMFC member). :drunk:

Same. Every year I complain, and every year they sign me up again for auto-renewal.

I think someone last year confirmed with the club that this is standard policy. Using your credit card automatically keeps it on file for the next year, and you must opt out rather than opt in. I suppose the only way around this is paying cash in person (or not being an NMFC member). :drunk:

You are automatically renewed if you pay your membership in installments but they do inform you repeatedly of that and tell you the date to opt out, which is 21st October.

I shouldn't have to opt out at all. They should send me the bill and I will pay it when I'm ready.

When I signed up at the start of the year they told me that'd happen and I said fine I'll ring up and cancel it in October (I do agree with you.) I like to go in there and get the memberships myself, usually drag along a couple of kids too. We're in Melbourne a couple of times a year at most so its one of the few ways they get a connection to Arden St.

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Something I noticed this year...
Throughout the 90s I was always a Pagan Patron
I looked forward to the Annual Cocktail party , all players in attendance it was a nice meet and greet
For the last 20 years I was either general admission or didn’t renew a couple of times due to living overseas
This year I took the Archer package
About $1700 for the family
To my surprise no cocktail party, don’t they do those no more?
If not that’s pretty sht , very tight on the clubs behalf
It was a great night out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's funny, but given the money the club rakes in by selling four home games to Tasmania, I'd have thought it would be basic business common sense to maintain the value of membership for loyal Victorian members. The club still seems to be going in the opposite direction.

I wonder how closely the club analyses its low membership numbers and poor attendance?

Last edited:

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lucky I bothered to read my email to see they are automatically renewing me by October 21st.

It's a joke you have to email or ring to opt out, can't even do it via a website. Extremely poor.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First time my 4 x Premiership clubs are auto renew which has never been requested. Most businesses like to keep their customers happy but the NMFC membership dept , seems to be making it more difficult / less value each season. Here’s a tip , stop messing with your rusted on , walk up start supporters who love the club!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If my calculations are correct...

Buying a North Membership in October will mean...receiving it in July!? Which is usually the time of year where we finally start to play decent footy.

They can send me all the emails they like.

I won't be handing over a dollar until I can pick the thing up at the same time, along with the 20 bucks worth of crap, and walk out of Arden Street with it in my hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son has been trying to upgrade his membership but needs to talk to someone. Called twice today - held on for more than 30 minutes, hung up.
Tried twice last week - same thing. WTF is going on at membership?

My son has been trying to upgrade his membership but needs to talk to someone. Called twice today - held on for more than 30 minutes, hung up.
Not sure if this is still having an effect

I think there is a call back service

It is very concerning that the perception from members is the club membership department is poorly run which leads to the question what would a potential member's experience be? Pretty hard to grow membership when we are offering this level of service.

It's about time the club spend on a membership Manager who has some idea about customer service and how to reach out and connect with the supporter base.

This is becoming a debacle.

The club does not operate like an elite sporting organization at all.
Everything is done on a budget with costs saving measures endorsed everywhere.
It’s embarrassing. It’s been like this since the mid 2000s.
15 years of mediocrity on and off the field.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The club does not operate like an elite sporting organization at all.
Everything is done on a budget with costs saving measures endorsed everywhere.
It’s embarrassing. It’s been like this since the mid 2000s.
15 years of mediocrity on and off the field.

I have a collection of Fixture magnets going back to 2012 that confirms this decline literally.

My only problem in confirming this decline in a photo timeline is the missing 2019 fixture which unfortunately fell off the outside Fridge mid season due to ‘Magnetgate’ and was chewed into confetti......by Woof

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I have a collection of Fixture magnets going back to 2012 that confirms this decline literally.

My only problem in confirming this decline in a photo timeline is the missing 2019 fixture which unfortunately fell off the outside Fridge mid season due to ‘Magnetgate’ and was chewed into confetti......by Woof

Woof knew best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I just called the club and selected membership option. Was speaking to someone in less than 2 minutes. Updated the details on mine and my daughter's membership in a couple of minutes. Definitely no long wait or incompetence in my experience.

They can send me all the emails they like.

I won't be handing over a dollar until I can pick the thing up at the same time, along with the 20 bucks worth of crap, and walk out of Arden Street with it in my hands.

Cut Rhyce some slack mate, he's got to stuff them in envelops after training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back