Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought it was 1 per year but that was just gut feel, two makes more sense. FWIW the magazine is one thing I’d be happy to go without.

Given what it has become, I’d agree with that. Used to be a ripper publication, now it’s just rehashing articles and throwing a few pictures. It’s absolute rubbish.

Given what it has become, I’d agree with that. Used to be a ripper publication, now it’s just rehashing articles and throwing a few pictures. It’s absolute rubbish.

In the interests of fairness, we are getting bombarded with more NMFC news and quicker, than we were back in our whippersnapper days.

Last year we got 1 copy for 3 different members at the address.

They're always looking for ways to stiff us. I just accept it now.

No, they've mentioned in the past that it's only one copy per house.

"True North magazine (one per household)"

But still that's a bit harsh! I mean you pay your membership like everyone else, but just because you all live in the same house...

Just like all magazines these days. Back in the day I remembered lots of fun things to read, now I flick through magazines and all I see are advertisments all throughout it. I'm paying to read ads? No thanks.

If they take it away what are they going to replace it with?

I would rather have access to an exclusive Members only login that has Nmfc media content that wraps up the year
Reckon you answered your own question there matey.

If they take it away what are they going to replace it with?

I would rather have access to an exclusive Members only login that has Nmfc media content that wraps up the year
They could cover interesting stuff.

An actual in depth financial report showing the entire operation (that shows where the donation $ is going amongst other things).

Proper answers to questions that have hovered over players, like Ben Jacobs, Majak’s story or Ben McKay’s stalled development.

The future direction of the club. Where we stand with the Arden St expansion and how it is progressing and what the next steps are.
What is the long term plan with Tassie and a plan if a stand alone team comes in.

An in depth historical article or interview with a past player. A competition or something for kids.

It could be a worthwhile read as it stands it’s a rehash of info that we already know that skirts around issues rather than divulging anything of interest.

They could cover interesting stuff.

An actual in depth financial report showing the entire operation (that shows where the donation $ is going amongst other things).

Proper answers to questions that have hovered over players, like Ben Jacobs, Majak’s story or Ben McKay’s stalled development.

The future direction of the club. Where we stand with the Arden St expansion and how it is progressing and what the next steps are.
What is the long term plan with Tassie and a plan if a stand alone team comes in.

An in depth historical article or interview with a past player. A competition or something for kids.

It could be a worthwhile read as it stands it’s a rehash of info that we already know that skirts around issues rather than divulging anything of interest.

This
They could interview Board Members

Hahhahaha lol! 😂

Who double checked this before it went to print? Hawthorn's score was 9.10.64 in the end. Beat them by 22 points! 👍

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, they've mentioned in the past that it's only one copy per house.

"True North magazine (one per household)"

That's okay.

They only have one member to worry about next season.

In the interests of fairness, we are getting bombarded with more NMFC news and quicker, than we were back in our whippersnapper days.
It doesn't seem that long ago that we would literally go months during the off season without a website update.

While we all have our ideas on what we'd like to see content wise we've improved out of sight on this front.

Last edited:
I'm doesn't seem that long ago that we would literally go months during the off season without a website update.

While we all have our ideas on what we'd like to see content wise we've improved out of sight on this front.
It has actually reached a level where I don’t read all of it anymore. Lol

You just know that if they sent one to every single member there'd be people on here going "why did they send 4 of the same mag to our house? We didn't even open 3 of them! What a waste of money!".

Either way they'll get criticised, may as well go with the one that costs less...

And is more environmentally friendly! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I mean, c'mon - haven't any of these people ever shared a menu before? It's easy.

The Royal Mail Coach finally pulled into Town and the Magazine has arrived.

The horses are being watered and heading up to Denny.

I was a tad disappointed with the Fixture page; I ended up using last years as a defacto fixture but this years is underwhelming and I will resort to my Excel fixture

And is more environmentally friendly! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I mean, c'mon - haven't any of these people ever shared a menu before? It's easy.

But how can you share the poster? Auction it off to the highest bidder? Frame it and put it in the living room? What if someone wants it in their bedroom?

I read my magazine once and that's it. Maybe I should sell it on eBay? :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back