Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, an update.

GR - is this a reasonable increase given the gap since the last membership update?

View attachment 837569

I reckon that this probably puts us on parity with recent years. After all, time will tell if we can crack it for the finals this year. At least we are starting on the front foot this year with a more positive coaching team and more consistent results over the second half of last season.

Just had a browse at some other club's membership tallies.

St Kilda are on 42,000
Footscray are on 37,000
Melbourne are also on 36,000

Just some clubs can never seem to grow their membership.

Just had a browse at some other club's membership tallies.

St Kilda are on 42,000
Footscray are on 37,000
Melbourne are also on 36,000

Just some clubs can never seem to grow their membership.
Surprising that the dogs don't have more with their off-season of hype. Guess they mustn't be handing out free memberships at Vic uni anymore.

"Many clubs were eager for a united front on the membership refund issue, but said it was premature to take a position until it was known if games would be affected."

"Many clubs were eager for a united front on the membership refund issue, but said it was premature to take a position until it was known if games would be affected."

AFL sources said that it would be the clubs, rather than the AFL, that would be hit harder by crowd-less games, because the league had the broadcast earnings and huge sponsorship deals locked-in, while the lost gate receipts were the domain of clubs.

Whatever happens, the AFL are going to need to massively increase their annual distribution rates for this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may just be a shortened season, play each team once.
I would love that to be the case, but we are just at the tip of the iceberg in terms of community transmission, and containing the virus within a couple of months would be wildly optimistic, especially in the midst of flu season and with Western societies like Australia being unable to adapt to a controlled environment such as in Singapore or South Korea. My money would be on a postponement that becomes a cancelled season.

I would love that to be the case, but we are just at the tip of the iceberg in terms of community transmission, and containing the virus within a couple of months would be wildly optimistic, especially in the midst of flu season and with Western societies like Australia being unable to adapt to a controlled environment such as in Singapore or South Korea. My money would be on a postponement that becomes a cancelled season.

Could we play an October lightning Premiership?

October is dead for Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back