Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to further justify in my own mind that buying another membership is okay from a cost perspective, I thought I would work out how much we will save by not going to the football by car this year.

Just for ease of calculation, let's assume all games are at Marvel Stadium, which for us by car is a 56 km round trip, approximately. Assuming we would have ordinarily gone to 12 games that's a total of 672 kilometres saved. The RACV estimates that it costs $250 a week (including depreciation) or $13000 a year to travel on average 15000 kilometres a year. That equates to $0.8666 a kilometre or for the 672 kilometres we would have travelled, or $582 for the year.

Makes the $99 look pretty good value to not go to the footy. (Of course we could go by train and save the car, but hey what the hell)
Shut up and buy another 4.8 memberships

Just to further justify in my own mind that buying another membership is okay from a cost perspective, I thought I would work out how much we will save by not going to the football by car this year.

Just for ease of calculation, let's assume all games are at Marvel Stadium, which for us by car is a 56 km round trip, approximately. Assuming we would have ordinarily gone to 12 games that's a total of 672 kilometres saved. The RACV estimates that it costs $250 a week (including depreciation) or $13000 a year to travel on average 15000 kilometres a year. That equates to $0.8666 a kilometre or for the 672 kilometres we would have travelled, or $582 for the year.

Makes the $99 look pretty good value to not go to the footy. (Of course we could go by train and save the car, but hey what the hell)
My yearly family membership is pretty much a donation to the club each year due to my work committments. I have made it to 1 game in 3-years not due to choice, but due to work requiring me to reside interstate and travel extensively. Im more than happy to keep paying for a yearly membership to help the club along and to remind my children that they are members of the NMFC.

If I don't pick up some work soon I'm going to have to ask the club to pause my monthly payment, or at least reduce it, until we go back. No way I'll give up my family membership but I might need them to be a bit understanding about when they get the money.
Which would be entirely reasonable mate. If the games aren't being played (if at all) until the end of the year, and people are being stood down during this crisis, it would be fair to suspend payments 'until further notice' too.

Just watched the Corey Mc Kernan and Glenn Archer interview
According to Arch, only 8 have asked for their $$ back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which goes to show you Oobs the standard of North supporters.

I would love to know how many people like me pay premium but only attend maybe a handful of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Corey Mc Kernan and Glenn Archer interview
According to Arch, only 8 have asked for their $$ back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is amazing if true!!!

I’d love somehow to still get to 40k but it’s obviously not going to happen!!

It would be a great symbolic result.

I suspect most clubs are having low claims but 8 sounds crazy.

Can I get my Cap mailed out?

Thanks
Doing a bit of clean of my wardrobe this arvo & actually thought the same thing when I tidied up my membership scarves.
I generally use the same scarf each year, but I like to give the membership ones to backpackers or relocates Kiwi’s who are undecided on which team to follow.

Would be good if we could have them sent out.

I’m still waiting on my daughters membership pack as well, but to be fair I only purchased it about 3 weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back