Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the scarfs/caps/etc., are sitting at the club waiting to be picked up?

Yes, better for the club to avoid the postage cost in a year like this.

Who knows we might all get one on Christmas Day when we see our boys take out the flag, on the first day they reopen venues to the public.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yes, better for the club to avoid the postage cost in a year like this.

Who knows we might all get one on Christmas Day when we see our boys take out the flag, on the first day they reopen venues to the public.

Hey, if they state the things are sitting in China waiting to be exported, then they have been manufactured.

I appreciated an email I received today reminding me that my next payment was due but inviting me to contact the club if I was experiencing any financial hardship due to corona virus. Well done.
The dialog the club has been putting out publicly regarding this issue has improved.

I think the penny finally dropped and they realised that everyone is taking a hit from this global virus.

Which is good to see.

Let's tug on the heartstrings by using a club legend to get supporters/members to buy memberships just before the season starts back up again. Knowing likely that the remainder of the games will be closed off.

If Arch's doing it, then we better do it too.

Just be grateful that the vast majority of members didn't ask for a refund on their membership.

#dontbitethehandthatfeedsyou

Let's tug on the heartstrings by using a club legend to get supporters/members to buy memberships just before the season starts back up again. Knowing likely that the remainder of the games will be closed off.

If Arch's doing it, then we better do it too.

Just be grateful that the vast majority of members didn't ask for a refund on their membership.

#dontbitethehandthatfeedsyou
It's almost like we need money in an incredibly unique and impossible to predict scenario unfolding before our eyes.

Hey Dan, if you can't afford it. Don't buy it.

Glad I could help you navigate through this one.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will donate whatever I get back from the MCC which I don't expect to be that much.
Is the MCC giving refunds? I'll gladly put whatever I get back from those GoDees loving campaigners into NMFC's coffers.
Yep, me too. Great idea
The MCC has come to the party - it's around $200 based on a full adult membership and kicks in for the membership year commencing 1 September.

Happy to get people's thoughts on how we could most effectively utilise the money.

Also, without resorting to naming names, any other MCC members on this board interested in kicking in some or all of their refund?

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The MCC has come to the party - it's around $200 based on a full adult membership and kicks in for the membership year commencing 1 September.

Happy to get people's thoughts on how we could most effectively utilise the money.

Also, without resorting to naming names, any other MCC members on this board interested in kicking in some or all of their refund?
Maybe I should buy $200 of nmfc raffle tickets. I’ve never won jack, so it will effectively be a donation. If I manage to win it, then I will donate again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Maybe I should buy $200 of nmfc raffle tickets. I’ve never won jack, so it will effectively be a donation. If I manage to win it, then I will donate again.

Hit em up for a night out on the piss with TG, a few hours fishing with Cunners, a $1000 Roo Shop gift cert & an autographed jumper in the process.

It's probably what I would do.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Makes a lot of sense!

How often would you get any "leverage" like this?

You can go them for a couple of grand worth of experiences/gear. They still come out in front by a mile.

Off season, me & TG do the number 57 tram pub crawl.:thumbsu:

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

In. Will figure out the best way to donate the saving. Another membership looks to be about right though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back