Resource 2020 AFL Draft Order

See OP for details: click here

If you would like to embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please copy and paste the following 😊
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1qZalgdA8pyGSTpXQxIcEGm8ZVacZOJNmHYs6YTQhbl8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Cutler (Brisbane Lions) traded to Essendon

Essendon get Cutler and #64
Brisbane get #72 and future 3rd round pick

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.22.56 pm.png

Jones (Sydney) traded to St Kilda

Sydney Swans get #32, #76 and future 3rd (tied to Fremantle)
St Kilda get Zak Jones and #56 and future 4th

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.35.13 pm.png

Jenkins (Adelaide) traded to Geelong
Bonar (GWS) to North Melbourne

North Melbourne get Aiden Bonar and future 4th (Melbourne)
GWS get future 3rd

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.51.09 pm.png
'

This means that the pick that was traded to Adelaide for Jacobs and to Port Adelaide for Frampton is actually GWS's pick, not Melbourne's, I think.

Aish (Collingwood) traded to Fremantle

Collingwood get future 2nd (St Kilda) and 4th (St Kilda)
Fremantle get James Aish, #69 and future 3rd (Collingwood)

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.58.07 pm.png

Looks like that's it. I will check them over later but if you see any issues please let me know, those fourth round picks in particular are hard to keep track of.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like that's it. I will check them over later but if you see any issues please let me know, those fourth round picks in particular are hard to keep track of.
Thought Adelaide had pick 4?

Thanks to Johnny Rutten for pointing out an error, the round 4 pick tied to Melbourne was erroneously given to GWS, when it actually belongs to North Melbourne.

I have now double checked against the AFL's indicative draft order and other than the above which is now fixed, it all matches.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.55.40 pm.png

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks to Johnny Rutten for pointing out an error, the round 4 pick tied to Melbourne was erroneously given to GWS, when it actually belongs to North Melbourne.

I have now double checked against the AFL's indicative draft order and other than the above which is now fixed, it all matches.

View attachment 766616

Thanks for doing this, it wouldnt have been easy.

A small suggestion. At the bottom replace "Round" with Picks held. Some clubs have two 1st and others none.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

A small suggestion. At the bottom replace "Round" with Picks held. Some clubs have two 1st and others none.
I don't get what you mean. The whole point of "Round" is to indicate that 1st 2nd 3rd etc are colour coded by round.

It's not meant to indicate the first, second or third pick that each club has, but rather which round each pick is in.

Thunderstruck

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2003
Seaford Meadows, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central District
I don't get what you mean. The whole point of "Round" is to indicate that 1st 2nd 3rd etc are colour coded by round.

It's not meant to indicate the first, second or third pick that each club has, but rather which round each pick is in.

Looks good to me mate, easy to read with colour coding

Pick swap - Port Adelaide and Brisbane Lions
Pick swap GWS and Adelaide
Pick swap between Hawthorn and North Melbourne

Hawthorn trade #30 to North Melbourne for #53, #70 and a 2020 R2 pick (tied to North Melbourne)

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.26.40 pm.png

Brisbane trade #48 and future 3rd to Collingwood for a future 2nd

The way it's written I am assuming they've traded their own picks, but Brisbane also had Essendon's third rounder and Collingwood also have St Kilda's second, so they could have traded those instead.

Collingwood are now in a position where they have a pick in every round and can therefore trade their first rounder if they want to.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 10.33.34 am.png

Pick swap Fremantle and Adelaide

Adelaide get #22 and future 3rd (tied to Collingwood)

Fremantle get #28, #49 and a future 4th (tied to Carlton)

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 5.34.54 pm.png

Pick swap Fremantle and Melbourne

Fremantle get #8

Melbourne get #10, #28 and a future 4th (tied to Carlton)

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 5.39.39 pm.png

JustInsideFifty

All Australian
Sep 15, 2015
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood

Brisbane trade #48 and future 3rd to Collingwood for a future 2nd

The way it's written I am assuming they've traded their own picks, but Brisbane also had Essendon's third rounder and Collingwood also have St Kilda's second, so they could have traded those instead.

Collingwood are now in a position where they have a pick in every round and can therefore trade their first rounder if they want to.

View attachment 782407

Great work Lore!
It is now saying on afl.com.au that it was Essendon's future third rounder that Brisbane traded to the 'Pies.

First I'd heard of it! The tweets and articles released at the time were very misleading!

Great work Lore!
It is now saying on afl.com.au that it was Essendon's future third rounder that Brisbane traded to the 'Pies.

First I'd heard of it! The tweets and articles released at the time were very misleading!
Wouldn't be the first time they've changed their minds. There was a pick in the 2019 draft order that was changed a week before the grand final :shrug:

I'll have to go through it all and check.

Great work Lore!

Looks like everything else matched up, only thing I've changed here is that Brisbane keep their third rounder and traded Essendon's third round pick to Collingwood.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 5.25.16 pm.png

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do we know whether Freo traded out their own 2020 2nd Rounder or the one belonging to Melbourne in their live trade with Port Adelaide ?

Port Adelaide Fremantle live trade (pick swap)
Do we know whether Freo traded out their own 2020 2nd Rounder or the one belonging to Melbourne in their live trade with Port Adelaide ?
I saw somewhere that they'd traded their own pick but not sure how reliable that is. For whatever it's worth the AFL's draft order currently says that Fremantle have Melbourne's 2nd and Port have Freo's 2nd, but they have a habit of changing their minds and updating it again later.

Fremantle in: #52 (2019) and #55 (2019)

Port Adelaide in: #66 (2019) and 2020 2nd round pick (tied to Fremantle?)

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 11.05.20 pm.png

Pick swap Brisbane & Port Adelaide
Brisbane in: #22 (2019) and future 4th (tied to GWS)

Port Adelaide in: #23 (2019) and a future 2nd (tied to Collingwood)

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 5.37.46 pm.png

Back