Play Nice 2020 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In todays Australian Newspaper- the paper edition - The back page NRL news leads with - NRL has 3 billion call to go down private road- by Brent Read.
A private Consultancy firm is handling the basics for the ARL Commission. The NRL Competition as a whole is initially valued at 2.4 Billion the article said.
Apparently other sports overseas have been involved with this type of set up. We live in interesting times.

Bit like the Eagles joining the VFL, be careful of what you wish for.
RA going down the same path.

While Qantas certainly can't afford sponsorships in this economic climate, I doubt they'll be keen to recommence their partnership post-Covid given how far the Wallabies have fallen, and the Folau PR disaster.

Good news for the Jets players and fans to have some stability for now! But I would be suspicious by one dodgy Chinese sale to another Chinese buyer. The Jets will probably be back to this some position in another couple of years! That's if the A-league even survives that long!

Last edited:
In my opinion the Chinese can't be trusted at any level of business.
They always have ulterior motives is my experience with them and i have worked in China
In business the Chinese can't be trusted!What they say is not what they mean a lot of the time.
I worked in SE Asia and all the countries where the minority Chinese population controlled most of the businesses both big and small they were not trusted at all and hated by the locals.Lets hope they never get a foot hold in the AFL.

In business the Chinese can't be trusted!What they say is not what they mean a lot of the time.
I worked in SE Asia and all the countries where the minority Chinese population controlled most of the businesses both big and small they were not trusted at all and hated by the locals.Lets hope they never get a foot hold in the AFL.

Just for the removal of (as astonishing as it is that there is any) doubt that this racist:

"In business the Jews can't be trusted!What they say is not what they mean a lot of the time.
I worked in Eastern Europe/central asia and all the countries where the minority Jewish population controlled most of the businesses both big and small they were not trusted at all and hated by the locals.Lets hope they never get a foot hold in the AFL."

Just for the removal of (as astonishing as it is that there is any) doubt that this racist:

"In business the Jews can't be trusted!What they say is not what they mean a lot of the time.
I worked in Eastern Europe/central asia and all the countries where the minority Jewish population controlled most of the businesses both big and small they were not trusted at all and hated by the locals.Lets hope they never get a foot hold in the AFL."
What I wrote is what I found as FACT in South East Asia where I had to deal with many Chinese owned businesses over a number of years - if its racist so be it!
If they could dud you many would and they are not hated for no reason.

What I wrote is what I found as FACT in South East Asia where I had to deal with many Chinese owned businesses if its racist so be it!
So capitalists are trying to screw other people. In other news, water is wet.

What I wrote is what I found as FACT in South East Asia where I had to deal with many Chinese owned businesses over a number of years - if its racist so be it!

The reason I responded to you is because (out of character) I reported you because I found your comment offensively bigotted. For some reason that was rejected

I am not having a go at you personally as I think your comment was made out of ignorance. My reply to you was more to make obvious how deeply irresponsible and incompetent it was whichever moderator failed to delete your comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a little bit different as Chinese are just the people of a country.
Same way as if i said Australian’s are lazy alcoholics, it’s not a big deal but if I said Aborigines are lazy alcoholics it would have crossed a line.
You hear the exact same lines trotted out about Russians where ever they are.

It’s a little bit different as Chinese are just the people of a country.
Same way as if i said Australian’s are lazy alcoholics, it’s not a big deal but if I said Aborigines are lazy alcoholics it would have crossed a line.
You hear the exact same lines trotted out about Russians where ever they are.

Aussie in exile was referring to china specifically. Still a bigoted generalisation. It would probably be equivalent to referring to "israeli jews"

Our Game was specifically talking about the diaspora in south east asia.....and he was using precisely the language and concepts of anti-semitism which is why my adjustment was such a neat fit

whichever moderator failed to delete your comment.

I would have thought that ALL talk should have been deleted as inappropriate, off-topic and non-factual.

What I like about Australian Football overseas is that is seen as building bridges and removing stereotypes.
There are 'types' in all societies and it is always convenient to blame someone else.

I think you might be confusing a cultural reference with a racial one.

The business culture IS different in China. Sometimes contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Just ask Twiggy Forrest.

The reason I responded to you is because (out of character) I reported you because I found your comment offensively bigotted. For some reason that was rejected

I am not having a go at you personally as I think your comment was made out of ignorance. My reply to you was more to make obvious how deeply irresponsible and incompetent it was whichever moderator failed to delete your comment.

LOL

I think you might be confusing a cultural reference with a racial one.

The business culture IS different in China. Sometimes contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Just ask Twiggy Forrest.

Have a read of Our Game 's OP again. He is talking about the diaspora

Have a read of Our Game 's OP again. He is talking about the diaspora

I can't speak for someone else, but I'd suggest that if you're brought up as part of a particular culture then most people don't just suddenly drop it by moving elsewhere.

Try asking someone that grew up behind the iron curtain how much they trust the government.

I can't speak for someone else, but I'd suggest that if you're brought up as part of a particular culture then most people don't just suddenly drop it by moving elsewhere.

Try asking someone that grew up behind the iron curtain how much they trust the government.

OK, I was using "racist" to describe culturally based bigotry....which in my experience is how it is most commonly used.

I am not debating that there a varying cultural practices which in turn shape and are shaped by the institutional settings in a country. There's a massive difference between that and generalised tropes about chinese / jewish diaspora minorities and validation of the bigotry they often face in the counties they live.

Chinese diaspora in SEA date to the 1800s.

OK, I was using "racist" to describe culturally based bigotry....which in my experience is how it is most commonly used.

I am not debating that there a varying cultural practices which in turn shape and are shaped by the institutional settings in a country. There's a massive difference between that and generalised tropes about chinese / jewish diaspora minorities and validation of the bigotry they often face in the counties they live.

Just look at how all the Chinese in Indonesia were all forced to change their surnames to Indonesia surnames.
Or how Singapore is only an independent country because of race riots.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back