Play Nice 2020 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will add a bit more to my post.
I just think that with female at 47% participation already and future prospects up there looking good. The QLD male rate at 53% currently is low by any other State I think, but dont have any other states male figures presently so with an NRL push into schools primarily targeting boys is it maybe likely that the QLD male figure will continue to drop over time relative to the females.
Lots of speculation I know but have to have these discussions.
Late notes -Some Stats --
2019 -WA - 38% Female participation -62% male - female will increase slowly from that figure, which makes QLD figure outstanding.
2018 - VIC -26% " 74% male -Big female growth since 2018 so rate will be up considerably.
2020 a disaster for our game but it survived with the main AFL comp being held.
Can anybody find the Vic 2019 figures for above female info.

IF participation is a measure of anything else (crowds/TV ratings at the higher level) is unproven.

Huh ? You quoted 62% for WA males. I'd say 9% difference is commendable.

With the Lions resurgence where's this loss you allude to ?
Its 9% lower, of a lower total. Overall participation rate is much higher in WA, so that 9% difference would be much larger, if you were to state it as a % of the population for instance, rather than a percentage of participants. After all, if there are 2 participants, and 1 is male, thats 50%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike Trump he's got the media on his side

Actually, like Trump, he has certain segments of the media cheerleading him.
Also, one could argue there is a good reason why certain segments of the media are cheerleading him: he gave them long term broadcast deals at discounted prices!
Looked at another way, he's their patsy!

I note the asinine comments from some unlettered and ineducable posters.
Fear and jealously is a terrible thing and eats you up inside and gives you ulcers.

Lol fear and jealousy over what? Much lower attendances, tv viewers, tv rights money, sponsorship, revenue, national footprint, participation numbers. Actually those have gone backwards under v'landy's, the only thing that has gone up is media praise and we all know why that is because they are loving the deals he has signed with them 😅. The longer this bloke is in power the better in my opinion.

I note the asinine comments from some unlettered and ineducable posters.
Fear and jealously is a terrible thing and eats you up inside and gives you ulcers.

To the point where you start troll accounts on the forums dedicated to the code that induced the fear and jealousy in the first place! 😂🤣

Ouch!

Lol fear and jealousy over what? Much lower attendances, tv viewers, tv rights money, sponsorship, revenue, national footprint, participation numbers. Actually those have gone backwards under v'landy's, the only thing that has gone up is media praise and we all know why that is because they are loving the deals he has signed with them 😅. The longer this bloke is in power the better in my opinion.

Remember when soccer fans used to say the AFL popped the champers everytime the socceroos failed to make it to the World Cup, well, I reckon each week v'landys stays in the job represents another round of clinking flutes.

Remember when soccer fans used to say the AFL popped the champers everytime the socceroos failed to make it to the World Cup, well, I reckon each week v'landys stays in the job represents another round of clinking flutes.

I dunno, I haven't seen anything to suggest he's incompetent, although negotiating his way to a huge drop in TV rights then promising clubs they won't get less money comes close.

What I question is the media fawning over a guy who doesn't seem to have much of a list of achievements.

I dunno, I haven't seen anything to suggest he's incompetent, although negotiating his way to a huge drop in TV rights then promising clubs they won't get less money comes close.

What I question is the media fawning over a guy who doesn't seem to have much of a list of achievements.
What he did with Sydney racing was fairly impressive, particularly the Everest.

Interesting article on SuperBowl & Australias premier sports NOT from a sports journos point of view.
sports-marketers-on-why-australia-doesnt-have-a-cultural-marketing-moment-like-the-super-bowl-667512
Its not just population, nor is it limited to footy codes & international sports events held in Australia & televised to the world.

I remember this site going into melt down when the mere thought of the soccer world cup coming here. That was fear real fear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back