2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worse than the TV news. Ever seen MediaWatch? I can assure you that, unlike Channel 7 news, the internet didn't announce a tradie's death before they'd even pulled the plug a few weeks back.
Wut? It is way worse than TV news, and TV news is morphing into the same internet s**t just to compete with the made up or completely misleading headlines and bullshit opinion pieces.

No worse than the TV news. Ever seen MediaWatch? I can assure you that, unlike Channel 7 news, the internet didn't announce a tradie's death before they'd even pulled the plug a few weeks back.
The ABC should be ashamed to have a program on like MediaWatch.

The ABC should be ashamed to have a program on like MediaWatch.
+
What's wrong with MediaWatch?
Thought same.
Mediawatch exposes the rubbish misinformation and unfounded claims made by the media, sometimes of the ABC's own doing. It's the stuff that Trump calls 'fake news' but really is FAKE news.

I think the realisation is beginning to set in down the road that Port had everything going in their favour this year, but Ken couldn't take advantage of it.

Guys like Boak, Dixon etc having career best years, a dream injury run, no Victorian games, 2 home finals, a GF in Brisbane.

This was their year to come through and win a flag and they failed.

On top of that Kern will get another extension and with Port having 7 players over thirty next year and little to no talent in the 24-28 age group they're about to fall off the cliff

+

Thought same.
Mediawatch exposes the rubbish misinformation and unfounded claims made by the media, sometimes of the ABC's own doing. It's the stuff that Trump calls 'fake news' but really is FAKE news.
Mediawatch creates misinformation. It cuts and shuts news items to suit agenda's. Paul Barry gets a massive pay packet with a big crew for a 15 minute weekly show and the ABC always crying poverty. Chris Kenny ( a good AFC supporter btw) always has a dig at the mistruths Mediawatch present.

Mediawatch creates misinformation. It cuts and shuts news items to suit agenda's. Paul Barry gets a massive pay packet with a big crew for a 15 minute weekly show and the ABC always crying poverty. Chris Kenny ( a good AFC supporter btw) always has a dig at the mistruths Mediawatch present.

Chris Kenny is one of the biggest agenda drivers in the country - he and his Sky brethren are one of the biggest threats to democracy in this country - ABC aint perfect and they have their issues likes all media outlets but holy crap you have got yourself down a rabbit hole of bulshit if you take his word on anything

Chris Kenny is one of the biggest agenda drivers in the country - he and his Sky brethren are one of the biggest threats to democracy in this country - ABC aint perfect and they have their issues likes all media outlets but holy crap you have got yourself down a rabbit hole of bulshit if you take his word on anything

Good news for Port supporters, this morning Koch "Ken Hinkley will have "success" with the Port Adelaide Football Club for MANY years to come"

It won't be many years, my predicition is that he'll be gone in 3 years.

Prediction
2021 Port will finish 6th-8th (Boak and Gray retire)
2022 Port struggle with an aging list fail to make the top 8
2023 Port completely fall off the cliff and Kern gets sacked

Good news for Port supporters, this morning with Koch saying "Ken Hinkley will have "success" with the Port Adelaide Football Club for MANY years to come"

F**k yeah.

This is one of those feel good stories to really kick start the week off.

Awesome. Just need some of their potatoes to be offered multi year contracts and Port to come hard at Brouch now. They are caught between a rock and a hard place here, Brouch in the midfield will help them a lot, but at the same time they know they dont want to gift the Crows Pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAVE FUN AT WORK TODAY PEOPS!!

MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Some payback happening I hope for the sh*t Crows supporters copped after 2017.

Make it sting!!!

WFH today (not that it matters, only 3-4 of us coming in still). My exec is a massive Power fan do I send him an email? :drunk:

Have loved reading comments on social media too, I didn't realise how salty their supporters were. The amount of defending of the bourbon guy (it was only a drink, not the cup!) and amount of attacking on anyone that has an opposing opinion to them (automatically assuming everyone is a crow supporter is crazy. They are eating their own.

If you want to dish it you have got to learn to take it -which is why I usually sit quiet on these things!!

The real tragedy of the year is that the wags don't get their moment in the spotlight to pretend that the award for the best and fairest player is actually all about who they're wearing and how long it took them to get ready.
*significant others

It won't be many years, my predicition is that he'll be gone in 3 years.

Prediction
2021 Port will finish 6th-8th (Boak and Gray retire)
2022 Port struggle with an aging list fail to make the top 8
2023 Port completely fall off the cliff and Kern gets sacked

It did feel a bit Trigg "as far as the eye can see" but we can hope.

Good news for Port supporters, this morning with Koch saying "Ken Hinkley will have "success" with the Port Adelaide Football Club for MANY years to come"
When it comes down to it, has this year been so bad? We weren't winning a flag anyway so we've maximised our return. Meanwhile the Pear have been puffing themselves up all year and won * all, and even better, their inflated sense of how good they were means a renewal for Kern.

I don't care what anyone else says about you 2020, I think you're all right.

It did feel a bit Trigg "as far as the eye can see" but we can hope.
When it comes down to it, has this year been so bad? We weren't winning a flag anyway so we've maximised our return. Meanwhile the Pear have been puffing themselves up all year and won fu** all, and even better, their inflated sense of how good they were means a renewal for Kern.

I don't care what anyone else says about you 2020, I think you're all right.

TBH ideally we want Port to go deep into September next year and the year after. This will help Kenny keep his job and this is really whats best for the AFC, as they will never win a flag under him in the VFL.

Ironically, Port winning the flag in 2020 would probably have forced the Crows to get their thumb out of their arse and be more purposeful in acquiring one with a solid 5-10 year plan in play.

- I said myself ABC isn't perfect and that Media Watch will call out it's own journalists if it needs to - and you reply by pointing out Media Watch calling out the ABC?

Top level argument

Edit* - needless pejorative removed

Last edited:
Apparently Koch has labelled Port supporters who aren't behind Kern as "haters"

Looks like Koch has gone from critic to Kern's biggest fan in the space of 12 months.

Hopefully Kern will feel secure enough next year to get the deck chair back out again like he did after the Hawthorn prelim.

missing-image-jpg.680587

Apparently Koch has labelled Port supporters who aren't behind Kern as "haters"

Looks like Koch has gone from critic to Kern's biggest fan in the space of 12 months.

Hopefully Kern will feel safe enough next year to get the deck chair back out again like he did a few years ago.

missing-image-jpg.680587
“Haters” is not far removed from “agitators”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back