2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best period of the weekend

Carlton have lost, Port have lost and we're yet to be freshly reminded just how deep a pit of despair we're in

Enjoy the next 14 hours Crows fans

+ enjoying a lovely whiskey with some friends with no commitments tomorrow. Its been a great weekend.

We would have more talent at other sides than Port...

Tonight Lyons, Cameron & CEY...Greenwood, Dangerfield, Jenkins, Lever, Betts, McGovern, Keath, McKernan, Jacobs.

V Wingard, Burgoyne, Howard, Ryder, Polec, Pittard, Ah Chee, Gray,
My point was they are able to identify, but development and retaining the right players is their problem (wait or is it ours?).

Letting Howard go because they didn't want him as a defender is far stupider than any of the players you listed that we've lost.

Im not sure any of us had the patience for Mckernan, but well played adding him in.

Kade Simpson is now equal with Kevin Murray for most losses played in

Losses​
Player
Teams​
W-D-L​
Played​
Losses​
Current Player
Teams​
W-D-L​
Played​
Kevin Murray
FI
122-3-208​
1955-1974​
Kade Simpson
CA
119-3-207​
2003-2020​
Kade Simpson
CA
119-3-207​
2003-2020​
Nathan Jones
ME
89-3-195​
2006-2020​
Doug Hawkins
FO,FI
146-4-200​
1978-1995​
Marc Murphy
CA
107-1-164​
2006-2020​

Next few weeks will see him out front on his own

I dont recognize nor acknowledge the VFL.;)

Kade Simpson in my eyes is the Biggest Loser in AFL history today. Well on Thursday night he was. :$

Cant see Jones catching him given that Melbourne are looking to not play him anymore.

This is the best period of the weekend

Carlton have lost, Port have lost and we're yet to be freshly reminded just how deep a pit of despair we're in

Enjoy the next 14 hours Crows fans

It would be so Adelaide to actually win tomorrow and then somehow manage to rise up the ladder over Port at the end of the season.

*Before the Draft Lottery announced .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can imagine this happening and our admin accept it and say they can see where the Afl are coming from. We also don't need pick 1 as they are rarely the best player anyway as it's a lot of pressure.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Should be a big worry for them. Boak will be 32 next month

Still, would be nice to have a senior player playing that well. Our players are usually over the hill by 28.

Hmmm, look at the time of your post though... ;)

Game well & truly over at 3 quarter time.

yeh, it was sitting unposTed for ages and I was drunk, so cleared it the easiest way. I was up to date and on the last page of the thread. Posted about Dagoey at 8:22. My response was to Geoffa's 8:27 post, but didn't hit the button for a full 30 minutes later when I returned to the thread and responded to another post 1m later. By thst time it was probably late in the 3rd and game was over. When I wrote the response Port were only 4ish goals down having kicked poorly. Things had changed a bit by the time I'd returned to the thread and hit post instead of deleting. I was pretty clear about when I made that aggreeably incorrect prediction. Why would you think I'd lie about that? What would I have to gain?

Not really . They have good youngsters. Their older players are going ok, except Gray who looks to be struggling
It's still half the team that's older than 29.

I think their youth is being overrated because of the form their senior players are in - though if last year also turns up some gems, they could be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not seen Drew in SANFL. But his AFL games show something. Plus his size.

Poholke was ok last week.

Pohlke just needs a decent run of games playing in the middle. With both Crouches in this week who have no flexibility at all in their game he’ll be relegated to a couple of centre bounces and a lot of forward time leading to him being dropped.

Drew is no better, just slightly bigger.

Pohlke just needs a decent run of games playing in the middle. With both Crouches in this week who have no flexibility at all in their game he’ll be relegated to a couple of centre bounces and a lot of forward time leading to him being dropped.
Which is why Drew would be a better fit.

Poholke is a poor man's M Crouch.

When M Crouch in the side, Poholke is shoe horned elsewhere.

Drew offers something different. SPP is the preferred option there. So Drew misses out.

We should be targeting Drew.

Why would we do that? That opportunity has flown when we didn't draft him. Cost far too much now and he has the same attributes that a lot of our own players have.
We need an injection of real pace into our midfield something Drew doesn't have.
Play Schoenberg if you want to see an upgrade in our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back