2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could probably beat Hawthorn atm too given how they are travelling...
Wouldn't it be funny that our spoon year is one we actually beat them in.

Dont know about anyone else, but from my end it has been interesting reading about the recent name changes going on in US sport (long over due in some cases, particularly the Redskins).

To this end, and just a thought I had, but in order to get at least one "positive" story out of the Crows in 2020, and this is JUST AN IDEA (dont shoot me down anti-PC police), but I wonder if members would ever support us changing our colours to red, yellow and black? Would be a great acknowledgment to our traditionally owners in SA and amongst our indigenous players (both now and in the future), would (in my opinion) be seen very positively in the broader Australian community, and even would be far better from a marketing / merchandising perspective (think about it....a black away strip...)...

View attachment 912185

I respect your opinion. But I prefer we stick with our colours given it was based on the State of Origin colours. (Im not opposed to the blue being a very very dark blue), the yellow more golden and darker in appearance.

I would like to see our Crows logo changed from a cartoon joke to something that looked bolder and stronger.

Dont know about anyone else, but from my end it has been interesting reading about the recent name changes going on in US sport (long over due in some cases, particularly the Redskins).

To this end, and just a thought I had, but in order to get at least one "positive" story out of the Crows in 2020, and this is JUST AN IDEA (dont shoot me down anti-PC police), but I wonder if members would ever support us changing our colours to red, yellow and black? Would be a great acknowledgment to our traditionally owners in SA and amongst our indigenous players (both now and in the future), would (in my opinion) be seen very positively in the broader Australian community, and even would be far better from a marketing / merchandising perspective (think about it....a black away strip...)...

View attachment 912185

I do love the red/yellow/black colour scheme on an AFL jumper, however, I do think it severs a lot of our history to being a state formed side (and there is nothing inherently wrong with our history, unlike, the 'redskins'). Reckon it's probably just changing things for the sake of it at the moment, especially as our jumper is probably not in need of an update.

I have a feeling we'd be saddled with a white away strip regardless. Those rules are weird. I would personally love a blue one.

Could probably beat Hawthorn atm too given how they are travelling...

Just depends if Clarko wants early draft picks.

I could see a crazy situation where we end up losing Pick 1.

We beat Melbourne, North and the Hawks and either of these three teams engage full tank mode. Its game on for Pick 1.

View attachment 912185
Whilst I like the colour scheme, our colours are the state colours which represents us as being established as a state side. I'm happy to leave our colours the way they are.

Wouldn't it be funny that our spoon year is one we actually beat them in.

Just remember, if 2020 continues the way it is it will be

2020* Wooden Spoon Adelaide

A meaningless year destroyed by the Coronavirus.

Dont get e wrong, I dont think there is anything wrong with the name or colours per se, but at the same time the club needs a total re-boot, and maybe this is just one of those things that could signal a "new" "refresh" club as such. Also, as was shown during the State Jumper saga, we cant really tie our heritage to that of the SANFL (why the Powa can I have no idea, but anyway....), so keeping the State colours doesnt seem like a huge issue to me I guess...

We are a chance v Melb and North if we catch them on a week with a depleted injured squad.
We are no chance against Melbourne, given the way their history of playing out of their skins every time they come up against us. Doesn't matter if they're 16th and we're 1st, they still find a way...

North... maybe, if we catch them on a bad day - but we're no chance if they're on a good day, or even an average day.

Dont get e wrong, I dont think there is anything wrong with the name or colours per se, but at the same time the club needs a total re-boot, and maybe this is just one of those things that could signal a "new" "refresh" club as such. Also, as was shown during the State Jumper saga, we cant really tie our heritage to that of the SANFL (why the Powa can I have no idea, but anyway....), so keeping the State colours doesnt seem like a huge issue to me I guess...
I agree the club needs a total reboot, but in my view:
- the jumper is sacred and must not change
- any reboot has to be rolled out once we are through the worst of the rebuild and back on the up trajectory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 912185
No.

We’ve seen some pretty rapid spread in the last few weeks, don’t assume there’s no undetected spread here already, 27k at AO is asking for trouble.
For all the accusations at protests recently I’d consider this to be more of a risk.

View attachment 912185
Nah. Changing your foundation jumper is something better left to the franchises like Port.

We are no chance against Melbourne, given the way their history of playing out of their skins every time they come up against us. Doesn't matter if they're 16th and we're 1st, they still find a way...

North... maybe, if we catch them on a bad day - but we're no chance if they're on a good day, or even an average day.

I agree we are absolutely no chance if they are even having an average day, but if a situation presents itself where they are hit by injuries, timing of fixture, short turnaround of games, travel factors etc etc.

We are a better chance IMO of winning a game in the Coronavirus year, then if this was a normal year.

As an example, we may end up playing Melbourne after they play a midweek game v Dons (make up for their abandoned game) then a better opportunity for us to win presents itself.

Nah. Changing your foundation jumper is something better left to the franchises like Port.

Port is a great franchise team, Power a great gimmicky logo, lovely teal, never been used or existed before in the AFL or SANFL/VFL/WAFL.

We probably won't get that many on a Monday night anyway
They've been emailing/texting members a LOT

Could be a microscopic crowd. We'll get a bit of an idea how many pledgers there were. Surely no one is buying tickets

They've been emailing/texting members a LOT

Could be a microscopic crowd. We'll get a bit of an idea how many pledgers there were. Surely no one is buying tickets

Would be interesting if a capacity crowd was allowed to attend.

We could possibly have had the lowest attendance ever at AO for a game. Even it does happen, we can always attribute it to the Coronavirus pandemic. :drunk:

Any low crowd for a Crows game will always have an * attached to it.

:$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back