2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if we'll beat Carlton.

No chance we'll beat Carlton or St Kilda, although we might be a chance against North depending on how many injuries they have.

The two teams we were the biggest chance of beating were Fremantle and Sydney

Has anyone checked on Jack Riewoldt today?

Hope he is OK.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A little disrespectful. The Victorians are doing it damn hard having to travel for games outside of Victoria. Its not fair on them.

Imagine it took a world wide pandemic to make the competition just as challenging on them as non-Vic teams.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but if the remainder of the AFL season is played out in Queensland, aside from an asterix attached to the winners, would this not make it easier for Non-Vic teams to win the flag?

The strong Victorian advantage is heavily negated, the Lions basically the only team with the home ground advantage (Suns are up and coming but their time is not now).

The Non-Vic teams that have to routinely travel every second week is a non-issue.

In terms of finals positions, as long as you dont have to face the Lions, every final is played at a neutral venue.

Last edited:
Been a strong critic of Gil in the past, but have to say he is showing pretty good leadership at the moment.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, they've had a huge challenge and so far at least they've dealt with it well. I mean, we can LOL VFL and dismiss the season as meaningless, but it's the best that could be done IMO.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but if the remainder of the AFL season is played out in Queensland, aside from an asterix attached to the winners, would this not make it easier for Non-Vic teams to win the flag?

The strong Victorian advantage is heavily negated, the Lions basically the only team with the home ground advantage (Suns are up and coming but their time is not now).

The Non-Vic teams that have to routinely travel every second week is a non-issue.

In terms of finals positions, as long as you dont have to face the Lions, every final is played at a neutral venue.
There will be no asterisk for a Vic team. It will be one of the greatest achievements under adversity in V/AFL history.

BNE, Weagles or GWS win? Big star.

Port win? Justifiably a big query over the comp and cup really shouldn't be awarded.

There will be no asterisk for a Vic team. It will be one of the greatest achievements under adversity in V/AFL history.

BNE, Weagles or GWS win? Big star.

Port win? Justifiably a big query over the comp and cup really shouldn't be awarded.

You wait for the very real possibility of a Victorian team that may have to play an "AWAY" Grand Final v Lions, despite finishing higher than them.

Will be interesting how that plays out. Especially if it is the Tigers or Pies, big MCG tenants.

You wait for the very real possibility of a Victorian team that may have to play an "AWAY" Grand Final v Lions, despite finishing higher than them.

Will be interesting how that plays out. Especially if it is the Tigers or Pies, big MCG tenants.
If the Grand Final isn't on the MCG, why would their support care about whether they win the premiership or not. I hope Geelong wins it......just for LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most wouldn't care if their team played in an "away" Grand Final as most wouldn't care if they win it or not because it isn't at the MCG.

The "AWAY" GF is an issue, when you lose as it allows the Club, players and supporters a foundation for their excuse of losing it.

Of course no one cares where it is played if they win it.

Mind you in a year that has been destroyed due to China, the weight of winning it carries much less significance than any other year. The respect awarded of winning a flag this year will never be held in the same level as those that have won it previously.

Why is there so much talk about the GF going to Queensland? Why would the AFL take it to a non traditional AFL state and play it at a stadium with 20k+ less capacity than those in Perth or Adelaide?
Because the Queensland government has supported the AFL and hosting all the Vic teams and SA and WA governments made life difficult for the AFL

Because the Queensland government has supported the AFL and hosting all the Vic teams and SA and WA governments made life difficult for the AFL
They haven’t though, our border controls were just stricter and rightfully so. Anyone from Queensland and WA can come into the state freely if they’ve been out of Vic or NSW for longer than 14 days.

If the Lions look a good chance to get into the grand final I'd bet the AFL will make the bizzare decision to move it to Metricon despite the numerous drawbacks to that.

If the Lions look a good chance to get into the grand final I'd bet the AFL will make the bizzare decision to move it to Metricon despite the numerous drawbacks to that.
How happy will Port supporters be if they finish top & play & lose to the Lions at the Gabba in the GF...

How happy will Port supporters be if they finish top & play & lose to the Lions at the Gabba in the GF...

For the Lions, they would just have to make the finals series IMO. I would back them to win 4 straight games at the GABBA to win the 2020* flag.

I know last year they "choked" a bit, but their first run in a finals in a long time it was to be expected. Losing Charlie early in the match to an injury hurt them in the prelim.

Port wont know what hit them if they played the Lions in a GF. Mitch Robinson will be lining Power players with haymakers before the opening bounce.

Mind you, Kenny will also be terrorizing Neale again hopefully. :drunk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back