2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you flaunt it, you risk getting picked off.

Just watching the GWS/Sydney game, the Redbacks played a Shield game there during the week.... that deck is gonna be rock hard.

They played an AFLW game there on Sunday

That’s some crazy pitch transformation. Footy to cricket to footy in 6 days.

Even without Whitfield, Kelly, Coniglio, Cameron, Haynes, Taranto (inj), Williams and Greene GWS are looking slick, should go deep into finals again. I hope we are trying hard to bring Hately back. Sydney on the other hand...

Even without Whitfield, Kelly, Coniglio, Cameron, Haynes, Taranto (inj), Williams and Greene GWS are looking slick, should go deep into finals again. I hope we are trying hard to bring Hately back. Sydney on the other hand...
maybe we are lucky to be playing Sydney at home in round 1.... or GWS really are that good

I hope we are going after Hately too. Especially with our Nicks relationship. Seems like hes a loyal bloke though and will only consider a move if it meant security and opportunity. Was playing a fair bit of half back today.

I hope we are going after Hately too. Especially with our Nicks relationship. Seems like hes a loyal bloke though and will only consider a move if it meant security and opportunity. Was playing a fair bit of half back today.
Green probably went passed him based on today's game too.

I like Jackson but he does lack legspeed, which is what we are trying to bring into the side.

Lachie Ash moved seamlessly into AFL footy, his delivery by foot and run outstanding. Gould good for Sydney, Stephens didn't do much.
Gould was busy, ball was down there almost entirely for the last 3 quarters. Sydney would want to hope Reid and Franklin play some decent footy or they'll win a spoon.

Fremantle belted Carlton, not a shock when you've got Jack Silvagni as your key target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't read anything into pre-season form given what happens to Port every year and us last year, but the Giants should be up there again. There are some questions whether they can recover from a GF belting (history isn't kind there) but they have talent bleeding from all receptors. The Swans will likely battle it out with the Suns for the spoon.

Just curious, what video content you'd love to see the club put out? Like more post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players content? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas of cool content from the club you'd love to watch?

Just curious, what video content you'd love to see the club put out? Like more post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players content? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas of cool content from the club you'd love to watch?

More funny stuff..... like the photo's David Mackay has

I would like to see less media guff, esports, baseball etc and spend that money on building the best football department possible. (e.g just pay the tax going over the soft cap)

The best way to generate fan engagement is winning at football. Win football, more fans, more money then the fluff..

Video footage of Burton and Campo being told to pack their bags after the review last year would be good. ;)

I'd like to see footage of how the players prepare before and after games - particularly away matches.

Maybe some in depth interviews with players and coaches about their upbringing, playing local/country footy etc.

I'm less keen on fluff content like what Ed Sheeran song they like best and which crappy reality TV shows they watch.

Also, maybe interview the AFLW players during the year and see what they get up to after the AFLW season.

I would like to see less media guff, esports, baseball etc and spend that money on building the best football department possible. (e.g just pay the tax going over the soft cap)

The best way to generate fan engagement is winning at football. Win football, more fans, more money then the fluff..
Curious where do they get their money from, if they don't invest in other areas, Today it OK but in years to come membership and sponsors from one area will not be enough to build that Football department. they need to diverse or they will end up at the bottom of the ladder for the football department spend,
At this time there a soft Cap in 5-10 years time is there going to be an equipment Cap, However Clubs with more than one team will always have extra to spend on equipment and resources, buy combining resources.

Curious where do they get their money from, if they don't invest in other areas, Today it OK but in years to come membership and sponsors from one area will not be enough to build that Football department. they need to diverse or they will end up at the bottom of the ladder for the football department spend,
At this time there a soft Cap in 5-10 years time is there going to be an equipment Cap, However Clubs with more than one team will always have extra to spend on equipment and resources, buy combining resources.

I don’t study the books but I am pretty sure the videos, esports and baseball ** do not generate a lot of profit if any. And if they did I am sure that profit would be re-invested back into where it came from. (**I see AFLW as part of our core business)

If there is an equipment cap in the future I am sure the AFL will close the shared resource loophole pretty quick.

Spend every cent then some to win games of football. Success brings dollars, I am not saying don’t look to invest elsewhere but get your core business right first.

Longer content. If the club is going to make a light-hearted video, maybe make it 7-8 minutes, not 50 seconds. Especially for the challenge style videos, having one round per player with super quick cuts and short answers makes it feel rushed and less engaging.

The post-game interviews are fine and probably not worth exploring more because the players are so well media trained they will never say anything remotely interesting.

A 30 minute podcast with 1-2 hosts and a rotation through every player on the playing list as the season goes on (1-2 per week), with a proper weekly schedule, would be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back