2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a job for the AFL’s integrity unit.

I'm actually shocked the AFL would so easily expose their own impartiality and corruption.

They couldn't have served up a more clear cut example if they tried

For years they'd be going on about how players committing offences in finals matches would be penalised more severely, yet we had the Cotchin non-suspension before the 2017 GF and all the rubbish emotional reasons that went with it.

Wow, just saw something like this about an hour ago. Replies alluded to breaking the Cotchin story which has upset someone in the AFL.

The guy was stood down for sharing a instagram post which showed someone breaching covid restrictions

This is really disturbing

For a while many have criticized the AFL having a media arm with guys like Cleary, Barrett etc attempting to report AFL news impartially.

I think this is a clear indication that it’s nothing more than a PR arm.

I actually rate Barrett. Listening to him on the sounding board he’s someone I think has a bit of low tolerance for bullshit. Sort of, if you piss off everyone then you must be doing it right.

I’ll be keen to see what he makes of this as it clearly compromises his position. Somewhat untenable I would say.

This is clear corruption
AFL control all Footy media. Not just their direct employees.

Even the Camp stuff. It provides click bait for media partners

Report on anything outside what the AFL want reported, they take your accreditation.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Got to laugh that Carlton board have an entire forum about us, what's with all the hate from them?
That's only a thread though? They also have a long running one on the Bombers (aka "*" to them).

Geez, the way they continue to carry on you'd think we had a thread or two taking the p!ss about them or something.

🤣

For a while many have criticized the AFL having a media arm with guys like Cleary, Barrett etc attempting to report AFL news impartially.

I think this is a clear indication that it’s nothing more than a PR arm.

I actually rate Barrett. Listening to him on the sounding board he’s someone I think has a bit of low tolerance for bullshit. Sort of, if you piss off everyone then you must be doing it right.

I’ll be keen to see what he makes of this as it clearly compromises his position. Somewhat untenable I would say.
Damo has been quite critical at times of the AFL on the AFL website. Why would they think there was any need to act on this? Did I miss the public outcry of support for Brooke Cotchin? She posted a clear breach of the rules on her Instagram, it doesn’t matter if she deleted it, she voluntarily posted it and therefore is available for anyone to republish. Cleary didn’t break the story either, that was done 48 hours earlier on radio.

I would love to know why they thought this was the story to send a message on, who complained?

Damo has been quite critical at times of the AFL on the AFL website. Why would they think there was any need to act on this? Did I miss the public outcry of support for Brooke Cotchin? She posted a clear breach of the rules on her Instagram, it doesn’t matter if she deleted it, she voluntarily posted it and therefore is available for anyone to republish. Cleary didn’t break the story either, that was done 48 hours earlier on radio.

I would love to know why they thought this was the story to send a message on, who complained?
Clearly you can be critical of the AFL. Just not one of its cry baby Melbourne clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's only a thread though? They also have a long running one on the Bombers (aka "*" to them).

Geez, the way they continue to carry on you'd think we had a thread or two taking the p!ss about them or something.

🤣
Ours was a death riding thread for draft reasons. They had one too last year but they're continuing to go on with their obsession. We've moved on (like we moved on from Melbourne after 2018) but they can't stop talking about us.

Barrett is critical within the bounds of what the AFL allow. It is theatre.

Like Caro and Eddie having a stouch on Footy Classified. Eddie owns the production company that makes that show. He is her boss. There is no way she said anything more than Eddie allowed.
It was good theatre for ratings.

AFL media is contrived gossip, setting up story lines like the WWE do.

Cleary seems to have overstepped that boundary

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If we didn’t take him, who do you think would’ve?
Greater Western Sydney given they took Jye Caldwell at #11 and Hately at #14 then it was common knowledge Geelong had put a lot of time in on him.
And don't forget Hamish's bid on Roos NGA Tarryn Rhomas before taking Chayce.

1596372302184.png
1596372395532.png

Last edited:

A couple interesting comments here.

1. Cleary stood down because AFL see his obligations as an AFL employee outrank his obligations as a journalist to report. Again, makes it interesting for Barrett now.

2. Richmond asked Fox to take down the mention of Cotchin in its reporting. Very clear that Richmond are driving this.

Greater Western Sydney given they took Jye Caldwell at #11 and Hately at #14 then it was common knowledge Geelong had put a lot of time in on him.
And don't forget Hamish's bid on Roos NGA Tarryn Rhomas before taking Chayce.

View attachment 925993
View attachment 925995

Enjoyed some “good” moments without starring. That doesn’t fill you with much confidence for a bloke picked in the Top 10 of the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back