Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyfe might end up the tallest player on the ground come Rd 1 v Essendon given both club's injury lists...

Patrick Ambrose will be sent for scans on his knee after hurting himself in a scratch match on Friday

The Bombers already have a lengthy injury list, with the likes of Michael Hurley (shoulder), Dyson Heppell (foot), Cale Hooker (hip), Tom Bellchambers (knee), Joe Daniher (groin), Mitch Hibberd (knee), James Stewart (groin) and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (calf) already in the casualty ward.

Fyfe might end up the tallest player on the ground come Rd 1 v Essendon given both club's injury lists...

Patrick Ambrose will be sent for scans on his knee after hurting himself in a scratch match on Friday

The Bombers already have a lengthy injury list, with the likes of Michael Hurley (shoulder), Dyson Heppell (foot), Cale Hooker (hip), Tom Bellchambers (knee), Joe Daniher (groin), Mitch Hibberd (knee), James Stewart (groin) and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (calf) already in the casualty ward.

Cripple Fight.gif

I feel that West Coast are going to have a really good season, everything has come into place for them to have a huge season and a big push at the flag.

Injuries and that yummy bathwater are going to play a massive role. The gameplan also need a bit of a tweak as I think we got figured out towards the end of last year.

If Simmo can adapt again and we can keep guys like Nic, Kennedy and Gov on the park then we will give it a big crack.

If any of y'all see this sh## at the AFLW games, make sure to sucker punch the perp.

Or if you’re the nicer type go on and pour your beer over his head. I’ll reimburse ya.

Last edited:
Injuries and that yummy bathwater are going to play a massive role. The gameplan also need a bit of a tweak as I think we got figured out towards the end of last year.

If Simmo can adapt again and we can keep guys like Nic, Kennedy and Gov on the park then we will give it a big crack.
Maybe being able to win more than 1 game against the top 4 teams might help as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC were good. Was hoping to see Rankine finally playing. Thought he'd had an awesome pre-season so not sure why he wasn't out there.
He's the player I'm looking forward to seeing most this year.
And yes Sharp looked very good.

Max Gawn appointee Melbourne captain with Viney going to Vice Captain.

No extended formal leadership group, with just those two in official leadership positions. Aim to then have the rest of the team step up and not rely solely on leaders.

Good idea in theory?

I have been against the large leadership group in general, but I did notice Miller I think it was in the Freo AFLW match on the weekend who said after that the leadership team got together at half time and decided it was up to them to turn around Collingwoods dominance. One or two probably can't do this (except maybe Fyfe), but a group of 5-6 can pull the team with them. I guess you don't need a formal leadership group to get this, but it probably helps.

So, the way things are progressing, the elephant in the room in the 2020 season is what, if any, affect will COVID19 have on match day attendance.

Italy showed on the weekend that one person not knowing or caring that they were infected can increase your cases very quickly and put cities and nearby towns into lockdown while they try to contain from further expansion of numbers. Don't expect we'll see a vaccine until 2021 (at best).

Curious to see how the AFL will deal with such scenarios. Will games be cancelled, or just played without a crowd and we'll all watch on TV through a paywall or on FTA.

So, the way things are progressing, the elephant in the room in the 2020 season is what, if any, affect will COVID19 have on match day attendance.

Italy showed on the weekend that one person not knowing or caring that they were infected can increase your cases very quickly and put cities and nearby towns into lockdown while they try to contain from further expansion of numbers. Don't expect we'll see a vaccine until 2021 (at best).

Curious to see how the AFL will deal with such scenarios. Will games be cancelled, or just played without a crowd and we'll all watch on TV through a paywall or on FTA.
Until some Australians start getting infected locally and the media runs with the hysteria it will have no effect on match day attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back