Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say only Week 1 of the finals would be able to be held in Perth. Even if they beat Port in Adelaide Week 1, they'd be hosting a prelim in QLD.

They aren't making the grand final
If they finish 4th they will mostly likely play Port in Adelaide. If they win the QF they are allowed to to choose their Prelim ground from QLD and SA and would surely pick AO.

If they finish 4th they will mostly likely play Port in Adelaide. If they win the QF they are allowed to to choose their Prelim ground from QLD and SA and would surely pick AO.

Against one of Brisbane, Richmond or Geelong...all of those sides I'd back to beat West Coast on a neutral venue personally.

Not Brisbane. Other two are pretty much 50-50 or maybe 45-55 at AO.

Like I said, I don't think they are favourites but they are a much better chance than $9.

Agree to disagree. I think West Coast are the weakest of the top 5 sides in it and pretty comfortably too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez what a choke that was, 8 points up kicking with a gale force wind not surprised though.

Tough luck. I thought you had it in the bag.

Your club did a magnificent job of turning out up there. I’ve been to a hell of a lot of games at Joondalup and have never seen the opposition supporters outnumber the home team by so much ever.

would be paying a million to one for Bennell to get a contract now, sadly this time next year you will be reading that Bennell turned into another Chris Yarran, the bloke is cooked

Montagna was spot on about Essendons treatment of Bellchambers.

Bellchambers was declared fit and available for his farewell game, but bombers told them a week in advance he wasn't gonna be picked. This is a player who went through the drug saga and stuck with the club. The game against Melbourne was a dead rubber. Pathetic from Essendon and supposedly players aren't happy with this decision.

Montagna was spot on about Essendons treatment of Bellchambers.

Bellchambers was declared fit and available for his farewell game, but bombers told them a week in advance he wasn't gonna be picked. This is a player who went through the drug saga and stuck with the club. The game against Melbourne was a dead rubber. Pathetic from Essendon and supposedly players aren't happy with this decision.
So reading between the lines...

Heppell to Freo is finally happening?

Ridley winning Essendons b&f with 26 games is a tremendous achievement, but it's also quite disgraceful how an overpaid, two first round pick Dylan Shiel finishes 10th. Is it confirmed that he's overrated now? Parish, who is meh, finished 6th and Langford, who is a pretty good player but nothing special finished 4th! Hilarious stuff

So who do you want to win the GF, now that we are out of it?
For mine, anyone except the west coke illegals, yuppy scum, drug cheating, booing, throwing, shrugging, coward punching canaries is paramount.
Second worst team in the AFL for me are the Puffers, despite them having some great posters on BF. I just see Port Power as the worst part of a rotten place in Adelaide.
Tigers have had enough glory lately. Since I've lived in Melbourne, I have become mates with quite a few of their supporters.
Eastern Bulldogs? Nah, I just don't like them. I work in the western suburbs of Melbourne & have worked with a couple of absolute flogs who support them, but I hope they win their first final. :)
St Kilda? Haha. As if. Third line of the worst to win it for me.
Lions? I just don't like them. Frankly, I don't "like" any opponent, but those Brisbane teams of the early 2000's with Simon Black starring were great to watch.
Collingwood? As an ex-Carlton supporter, that would be interesting, but how can I forgive them for 2018?
Geelong, by a process of elimination? But then again they have Dangerfield who comes across as an absolute tosser.
Who?
As long as it's an eastern states team :) (SA is an eastern state IMO)
In order of preference:
1. Pies (I like Buckley now. Couldn't stand him before)
2. Cats (good to watch)
3. Tigers (last one for a while if they do it, please)
4. Lions (Neale has always been an A grader, & deserved more credit when he was with us)
5. Bulldogs (Crozier the Normie)
6. Saints (surely not, but I really like Steele & Clark as players)
7. Puffers (yuk)
Anything else is unthinkable.

So who do you want to win the GF, now that we are out of it?

Port because one of my mates is a Port supporter. The only teams in with a realistic chance (IMO) are Port, Brisbane, Richmond, and Geelong. Possibly the Weags but they won't win over there. Port are the best of a s**t bunch. If Bulldogs somehow managed to get to the GF again, I wouldn't bet against them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back