Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah whilst we’ve certainly been promising in large parts of every game we’ve played the reality is we’re in quite a precarious position-lose to Adelaide and the previous 4 weeks of glass half full analogy’s won’t mean sh*t.

It ll also mean the heat will come hard and fast for the club and rightfully so

This is a very realistic assessment of our season so far and how hot things will get for us if we don't beat Adelaide. Personally I think us V's the Crows is a 50/50 game at best.

Well done to Alistair Clarkson for speaking out about the state of the game and the way it’s being adjudicated.

The umpires and rule makers just can’t get the htb right. It used to be simple in the old days but I guess it helped that umpires were well aware about playing football in those days, but it was either held to you, htb or dropping the ball (incorrect disposal as they call it these days) Simple. No having to think about prior opportunity. These days players will not release the ball in a tackle even though it’s not held to them, unless they can see a player to give it off to, so they just hold on to it. It should be called htb, but instead we get another stoppage.

Richmond has been denied entry into Queensland.

Looks like the Bin Chickens are taking on Sydney instead, whilst Richmond will play Melbourne.

Carlton v St Kilda moved to Thursday night.

Yeah season gets more compromised by the week on top of an already compromised season .. on top of an already compromised league.

maybe big footy is right , every years premier should have an asterisk next to it!

Yeah season gets more compromised by the week on top of an already compromised season .. on top of an already compromised league.

maybe big footy is right , every years premier should have an asterisk next to it!
This is good for us and one reason I’m not stressed

we have a young side, a new coach, injuries to very key players.

Great year to bed down a game plan, check out all the newbies without stressing about results too much. Finish low? Better pick for us

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a goOd year for us and one reason I’m not stressed

greatvyear to bed down a game plan, test out all the newbies without stressing about results too much. If we finish low, Bette pick for us
Absolutely - some of the melts on here are hilarious. How did people really think we would go with a new coach (particularly after 8 years of the previous coach) and a very young side playing under extraordinary circumstances away from home every game.

I am very happy to gradually blood the new guys in and get as many games into the youngsters as we can, without being crazy and unbalancing the side with too many kids at one time. So far after four rounds we have had three debutantes, all of whom look like being part of the club's futures. I would not be surprised next week to see another - possibly Valente in the absence of Fyfe, and gradually seeing some of the others sprinkled through the season.

We should be celebrating Sam Sturt's rising star, Hayden Young's stellar performance on the weekend and I reckon Caleb Serong's first game was stronger than Young's, so watch out for him in a couple of weeks! I have great hopes for Luke Valente, Liam Henry, Jarvis Pina, Tobe Watson and Minairo Fredericks. Not so sure about guys like Jason Carter, Tom North, Lloyd Meek, Isaiah Butter, Leno Thomas, High Dixon and Dillon O'Reilly but until they are given an opportunity I am happy to remain hopeful.

Then we have some really good players to come back in, including effectively our entire tall backline!

Some of the players who look average at the moment will look a lot better when they are playing in a team which understands the game plan and plays with a lot more cohesion. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy the growth of the young guys and not get too hung up on who we need to spit roast this week.

This is good for us and one reason I’m not stressed

Great year to bed down a game plan, check out all the newbies without stressing about results too much. Finish low? Better pick for us
Oh 100%
It’s perfect opportunity for the reasons you mentioned.
I had this stance even before today’s developments

Still we d want to beat the crows ffs!

Absolutely - some of the melts on here are hilarious. How did people really think we would go with a new coach (particularly after 8 years of the previous coach) and a very young side playing under extraordinary circumstances away from home every game.

I am very happy to gradually blood the new guys in and get as many games into the youngsters as we can, without being crazy and unbalancing the side with too many kids at one time. So far after four rounds we have had three debutantes, all of whom look like being part of the club's futures. I would not be surprised next week to see another - possibly Valente in the absence of Fyfe, and gradually seeing some of the others sprinkled through the season.

We should be celebrating Sam Sturt's rising star, Hayden Young's stellar performance on the weekend and I reckon Caleb Serong's first game was stronger than Young's, so watch out for him in a couple of weeks! I have great hopes for Luke Valente, Liam Henry, Jarvis Pina, Tobe Watson and Minairo Fredericks. Not so sure about guys like Jason Carter, Tom North, Lloyd Meek, Isaiah Butter, Leno Thomas, High Dixon and Dillon O'Reilly but until they are given an opportunity I am happy to remain hopeful.

Then we have some really good players to come back in, including effectively our entire tall backline!

Some of the players who look average at the moment will look a lot better when they are playing in a team which understands the game plan and plays with a lot more cohesion. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy the growth of the young guys and not get too hung up on who we need to spit roast this week.

If the season doesn't matter and I think most agree with that why are we playing the boys who won't be part of our future. Play the Norths, Meeks , Watson's etc .and don't give me the excuse that we have to play the Colyer, Schulz etc to protect the youngsters. It's bullshit.

If the season doesn't matter and I think most agree with that why are we playing the boys who won't be part of our future. Play the Norths, Meeks , Watson's etc .and don't give me the excuse that we have to play the Colyer, Schulz etc to protect the youngsters. It's bullshit.
I want to see Valente and Meek get a game. North strikes me as being just as average and not standing out across any facet of his game as the likes of Schultz do to you.

I want to see Valente and Meek get a game. North strikes me as being just as average and not standing out across any facet of his game as the likes of Schultz do to you.

Maybe North is a bust but how do we know until he gets a go.
We know what Shulz etc can do , let them run around in the Saturday scratchy and play the Watson's, etc to see what they offer. You'll never know until you give them a go.

Where did I give excuses?

Don't follow you, I was calling out th FFC for being so conservative. It's bullshit the way they are picking the sides.

Guarantee if we play North this forum will be up in arms about us recruiting and playing "list cloggers" in the same way it whinges when we play guys in the same age group who show more like Crowden and Banfield.

Guarantee if we play North this forum will be up in arms about us recruiting and playing "list cloggers" in the same way it whinges when we play guys in the same age group who show more like Crowden and Banfield.
That's a good point. Players need to earn a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back