Status
Not open for further replies.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The bowling did well, Mumbai is a tennis court of a cricket field. I don't think India hit many sixes at all.

I’ve got a slightly unpopular opinion sixes don’t matter as much as people think.

Turning one into twos adds up over fifty overs and that along with losing wickets seemed to be the biggest differences between the two sides from my view of watching it.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I’ve got a slightly unpopular opinion sixes don’t matter as much as people think.

Turning one into twos adds up over fifty overs and that along with losing wickets seemed to be the biggest differences between the two sides from my view of watching it.
Surely it’s not an either/or kind of thing. Having the capacity to use the best strategy at the right time is the thing. Hitting sixes creates different field settings that enable players to turn ones into twos and vice versa.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely it’s not an either/or kind of thing. Having the capacity to use the best strategy at the right time is the thing. Hitting sixes creates different field settings that enable players to turn ones into twos and vice versa.
Yes and no.

Ultimately depends on conditions and state of the game. Its why I rate Warner and Finch more than say Lynn who is all about boundaries and has little else to contribute imo.

Seriously well constructed innings from the Australian pair last night. Want to see how to do a run chase look no further.

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC

Looks like Billy Rioli is back at training with the Bin Chickens today. Given that the entirety of the WA sports media will be at Lathlain today, we get a virtual closed training session at Cockburn this morning. :cool:

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
That might mean he is looking at a six month suspension and miss perhaps just that one finals game.
Surely he gets a lot more than that. Crowley got 12 months for a painkiller and he didn’t try to play the testers and the public for fools. Rioli deserves 4 years and will most likely get at least 2. Any less and the system is a joke.

Surely he gets a lot more than that. Crowley got 12 months for a painkiller and he didn’t try to play the testers and the public for fools. Rioli deserves 4 years and will most likely get at least 2. Any less and the system is a joke.
Get your laughing undies on ready then because it's my understanding that ASADA suspensions bar you from training with the AFL club until the last month or two of your ban.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Knightmare has written an article predicting the team of this decade.

I liked one of the replies on Twitter - “well done on having a go, but I place more faith in climate predictions”.

I assume the Tim Kelly is meant to be Josh Kelly.
2ED75FF2-87F4-4519-B8FD-FBD2296DD4DD.jpeg

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Knightmare has written an article predicting the team of this decade.

I liked one of the replies on Twitter - “well done on having a go, but I place more faith in climate predictions”.

I assume the Tim Kelly is meant to be Josh Kelly.View attachment 807708
Good to see Freo well represented

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Get your laughing undies on ready then because it's my understanding that ASADA suspensions bar you from training with the AFL club until the last month or two of your ban.
He hasn’t even had his hearing yet. He can train because he’s only provisionally suspended. Even with ASADA there’s a presumption of innocence until the case is heard. I’m pretty certain that the current reason he can’t play competitive games is because it would undermine the integrity of the process.

He hasn’t even had his hearing yet. He can train because he’s only provisionally suspended. Even with ASADA there’s a presumption of innocence until the case is heard. I’m pretty certain that the current reason he can’t play competitive games is because it would undermine the integrity of the process.
The reason he can't play games is because if/When the hearing hands down the suspension it will have the start backdated to when his provisional suspension began.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle

But he is only provisionally banned.
I think what you are saying is the rule at the conclusion of a formal penalty.

Also, isn’t he still to be charged for the positive test result ?
If I recall correctly, he is provisionally suspended for sample tampering.

But he is only provisionally banned.
I think what you are saying is the rule at the conclusion of a formal penalty.

Also, isn’t he still to be charged for the positive test result ?
If I recall correctly, he is provisionally suspended for sample tampering.
They are the same offense as far as ASADA is concerned. The second event occurred before the first's notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back