Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope all the fireys over East get some relief in the next few days. Forecast isn’t good. Widespread loss of property is inevitable, let’s all pray that we don’t see any more loss of life.

To all the volunteers fighting fires day after day - you are true Australian heroes.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I hope all the fireys over East get some relief in the next few days. Forecast isn’t good. Widespread loss of property is inevitable, let’s all pray that we don’t see any more loss of life.

To all the volunteers fighting fires day after day - you are true Australian heroes.

Yes, well done to all the volunteer firefighters. Also the CWA ladies, the Salvos and all the other generous and caring people who provide meals, refreshments shelter and a multitude of other support functions behind the scenes. You are inspirational.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would’ve been nice to see the PM respond with a bit more compassion and tackle the reason for these awful droughts and now fires as bad as we’ve ever seen bit more head on.

He’ll give you tax cuts alright...but they mean nothing when you lose ******* everything in fires.

I hate people bringing up climate change when there’s a disaster happening this very moment. But look climate change is real, this will only get worse. I hope it’s not too late..but no matter what we have to at least try and tackle this issue more responsibly.

There’s also massive floods in Indonesia. Lives lost there too I’m fairly sure.

The world isn’t just at war with each other, we’re also fighting to survive the climate.

Rant over. Just makes me angry people/politicians can’t see the obvious. I’m not even a greeny and it makes me sick.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would’ve been nice to see the PM respond with a bit more compassion and tackle the reason for these awful droughts and now fires as bad as we’ve ever seen bit more head on.

He’ll give you tax cuts alright...but they mean nothing when you lose ******* everything in fires.

I hate people bringing up climate change when there’s a disaster happening this very moment. But look climate change is real, this will only get worse. I hope it’s not too late..but no matter what we have to at least try and tackle this issue more responsibly.

There’s also massive floods in Indonesia. Lives lost there too I’m fairly sure.

The world isn’t just at war with each other, we’re also fighting to survive the climate.

Rant over. Just makes me angry people/politicians can’t see the obvious. I’m not even a greeny and it makes me sick.

Just to add there’s a massive thing near us that acts as a light. It also can produce an energy source for vehicles/Houses etc ...

If we make fun of USA inability to see the fact that the 2nd amendment was made up when there were only Muscat’s on the streets...not semi automatics (even flight risk individuals) can purchase one cause its there right...

We should be laughing at ourselves not seeing that the solar option is right in front of our eyes. We should have eliminated fossil fuels, coal etc by now.

We should have eliminated fossil fuels, coal etc by now.
And unfortunately even if we did this ten years ago there is no difference today because it's a global thing and us being green is no different to us being proud of being in the non peeing end of the pool when the other swimmers are still going for it. We end up swimming in it anyway.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
And unfortunately even if we did this ten years ago there is no difference today because it's a global thing and us being green is no different to us being proud of being in the non peeing end of the pool when the other swimmers are still going for it. We end up swimming in it anyway.
I think that is a weak argument. Leadership is about being the first to move towards a solution. Build a toilet for people to use would be the example. Measure and inform people about the quantity of pee in their swimming pool. Inform people of the health issues about peeing in the pool (if there are any), would be another.

I think that is a weak argument. Leadership is about being the first to move towards a solution. Build a toilet for people to use would be the example. Measure and inform people about the quantity of pee in their swimming pool. Inform people of the health issues about peeing in the pool (if there are any), would be another.
Or we could put our energy into developing per filtration systems that will clean the whole pool, since that is all we can control.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Or we could put our energy into developing per filtration systems that will clean the whole pool, since that is all we can control.
Filtration for pools already does that. A little pee in swimming pools is a non issue, possibly good for the gut biome.

Regarding climate change, Australia has opportunities that a Government can show leadership by supporting them. The country could be a tech exporter in the field of solar energy and storage. It should be stimulating the design and construction of bushfire resistant architecture. It should be prioritising food production which is water and energy efficient and sustainable.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

That’s not true.

40 years ago, Australia was at the forefront of solar research. Successive governments deliberately stopped this industry, and ignored the science that was clear at the time, and has been clear for at least thirty years.
Despite acknowledging that climate change was real and caused by carbon emissions, Abbott cut his party’s reduction aims from up to 25% to 5%, repealed a carbon price and in effect gave billions to carbon polluters to keep doing what they did.
He denied that climate change had any effect on the 2013 NSW bushfires, prevented solar and wind energy research by forbidding it’s backing by a fund set up to do just that, and claimed (incorrectly) that the Bureau of Metereology was exaggerating climate change.

It’s a global thing, but Australia disproportionately produces more greenhouse gases than other nations, and exports more greenhouse producing products than anyone else, after Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Back when Howard was the only leader defending Bush junior’s position Australia provided global leadership in not acting to reduce emissions. As a climate change denier, he claimed that he was acting in Australia’s interests.

To use your analogy. Australia has been shitting, pissing and puking in the pool, then complaining that other swimmers are pissing in it.

It’s a global thing, but Australia disproportionately produces more greenhouse gases than other nations, and exports more greenhouse producing products than anyone else, after Russia and Saudi Arabia.
Is that a per capita thing? We are also streaks ahead on renewable power per capita.

file-20190918-187974-8j0coj.jpg

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I don’t get the analogy. Peeing in a pool never killed anyone. These extremes of weather due to our climate changing do.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It will be ok, the religious discrimination acts final draft was pushed through yesterday . ;)
Nobody noticed because most of Oz is on fire.
Australia being destroyed by climate change and fire is second on the agenda to getting this religious dogma through. Go figure? Who the hell voted these knobs in?

Morrison belongs to a church whose leader protects paedophiles (in this case his father) and preaches against the science of climate change. He must be looking forward to Armageddon. He’s doing all he can to hasten it.

Aussies votes them in. They love a good marketing campaign.

My last post on this board.

Thanks. For your censorship Taylor.

You're so welcome to discuss the subject on the society and politics board here on bigfooty but it's been made really clear to me that Fremantle AFL fans have no interest in this board being clogged up with discussion about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back