Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a tweet from 6PR saying that Eagles won’t get a home final after all? Any truth to this?
brad Hardie claimed it, Ryan Daniels has said it’s currently not true. I know which source I’m trusting until we hear otherwise

Things that aged poorly. Carlton's banner from Round 1 2017.

v2g35mttb3n51.jpg

if Aiden Corr can get 4-5 years on decent coin, I'm scared about Adelaide actually getting band 1 compo for Brouch
i’m still mystified about the thought of rory Atkins getting a good enough deal to get band 3 compo (thats 2nd rounder yeah?). massive downhill skier, slightly better version of bewley

The Rowell headset thing actually says a lot about the suns.
Never in a million years would an 18 yo with a handful of games stand beside Damian Hardwick or Chris Scott at Geelong or Richmond, giving orders to Dusty Martin or Joel Selwood.
I don’t care if he is the second coming of Leigh Matthews. Those clubs just wouldn’t allow that to happen.

I don't understand all the Rowell hate personally. Someone has to be willing to stand up and try improve the culture of that club. Good on him if he's willing to put himself out there as an 18yo instead of hiding in the background saying it isn't his job.

Who knows, in time we might look back at him as a Michael Voss type leader of cultural change for the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand all the Rowell hate personally. Someone has to be willing to stand up and try improve the culture of that club. Good on him if he's willing to put himself out there as an 18yo instead of hiding in the background saying it isn't his job.

Who knows, in time we might look back at him as a Michael Voss type leader of cultural change for the Suns.

Yeah, he is going to be such a good player you let him do whatever he wants.

Going to be so good when he requests a trade to Richmond / Hawthorn / Geelong in 3 years time.

Its no coincidence that when he was out there they were winning. Someone else said the other day they have no champion like a Fyfe or Cotchin that sets standards and leads from the front. Rowell was doing that. He went down & they started losing.

Its no coincidence that when he was out there they were winning. Someone else said the other day they have no champion like a Fyfe or Cotchin that sets standards and leads from the front. Rowell was doing that. He went down & they started losing.
can't see King hanging around there too long. Collingwood looking for a big name forward since Cox is useless. Essendon will too after Daniher leaves.

I am so glad le Tour de France is being run in spite of the Covid situation in Europe. Those guys riding bikes for 200 km a day and at times up 7% plus gradients are just incredible athletes and so brave too. Soccer players should be made to watch the way the riders hop back on their bikes and get going again after ripping skin off when they fall.

It's compulsive viewing once you start but a bit on the late side unfortunately. I have taken to watching the highlights this year but will no doubt watch most of it live for the final week. Viva le Tour.

Not sure it is just that. I think like Freo they've been relatively competitive in most games with/without Rowell and they've tracked pretty similarly to Freo against most of the top half of teams. Their only win against that bunch was West Coast in Round 2 when WC were asleep at the wheel having just entered the hub. GC always seem to start the year strong and fade away by season end. So have we in recent seasons - but this season we've done the opposite :)

GC lost to Port by 47 / Freo lost to Port by 29
GC lost to Brisbane by 45 / Freo lost to Brisbane by 12
GC lost to Richmond by 21 / Freo lost to Richmond by 27
GC lost to Geelong by 37 / Freo lost to Geelong by 32
GC beat WC by 44 / Freo lost to WC by 30
GC lost to Collingwood by 22 / Freo beat Collingwood by 12
GC lost to Saints by 4 / Freo beat Saints by 6
GC lost to Dogs by 26 / ?
GC lost to Melbourne by 17 / Freo beat Melbourne by 14
GC lost to GWS by 26 / Freo lost to GWS by 38
GC lost to Carlton by 33 / Freo lost to Carlton by 4**

can't see King hanging around there too long
King, Rowell, Rankine, Anderson, they've all signed contract extensions. It's a sign of commitment for the medium term, that there is some confidence the team is heading in the right direction. If the Suns repay their faith and and make finals then those players are in it for the long haul.

I am so glad le Tour de France is being run in spite of the Covid situation in Europe. Those guys riding bikes for 200 km a day and at times up 7% plus gradients are just incredible athletes and so brave too. Soccer players should be made to watch the way the riders hop back on their bikes and get going again after ripping skin off when they fall.

It's compulsive viewing once you start but a bit on the late side unfortunately. I have taken to watching the highlights this year but will no doubt watch most of it live for the final week. Viva le Tour.
Same way a player who’s feigned injury gets up if there’s a goal scoring opportunity? Nothing to gain from a cyclist to laying on the floor, odd comparison

Year before as well I think. Dew gets them primed for the first quarter of the season so they are humming whilst other sides are just getting going. Bank a few wins and then try to remain competitive in most other games. This year they have been more competitive later in the season than the last two, but still a fair bit off in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back