Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless Joe

Team Captain
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Year before as well I think. Dew gets them primed for the first quarter of the season so they are humming whilst other sides are just getting going. Bank a few wins and then try to remain competitive in most other games. This year they have been more competitive later in the season than the last two, but still a fair bit off in most games.
Yes!! and I think we got to play them early in the year both times

My dream draft for 2021 see us playing them say in rounds 12 and 22....and then playing North twice...any old round will do

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Ok. So I know this is really petty, but the Amber Twitter thread had me thinking about something. One of the Giantroo LDU highlights he threw up:

Naturally with some comments responding about how strong he'll be in 3 years if he can shake off Mundy now and how Acres didn't want a bar of someone so tough.

But for obvious reasons not discussed on that thread:

Imagine how big and tough Cerra will be in 3 years if he's already doing this to someone as big and tough as LDU.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Same way a player who’s feigned injury gets up if there’s a goal scoring opportunity? Nothing to gain from a cyclist to laying on the floor, odd comparison

The comparison is simple :-

Soccer is a sport full of divers and “hypochondriacs”.

Cycling has no room for divers. Geez they get pushed into barbed wire fences, and then get up and ride on.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Yeah, which was dumb, but if he'd not missed the bump, it would've come off. Mundy not sticking the tackle was pissweak too but he gets a free pass apparently.
One albeit pretty minor weakness in Pavs game I always thought that he was weak at holding a tackle and easily side stepped by the opposition.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yo how did Scholl not get the rising star nom? outside of Rowell that would have been one of the best games by any eligible player this year
Twomey and co were talking about it the other day. Apparently they look at body of work not just the one performance when it is late in the season. Cleary I think said Frederick probably deserves one which surprised me.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, which was dumb, but if he'd not missed the bump, it would've come off. Mundy not sticking the tackle was pissweak too but he gets a free pass apparently.

Mundy doesn’t have a record of shirking contests though does he. Terrible comment.

If Acres really wanted to lay the bump (which was a dumb and soft decision) he would’ve. He should’ve attacked the ball like LDU did but instead he took short steps and then very tentatively braced for contact.

One albeit pretty minor weakness in Pavs game I always thought that he was weak at holding a tackle and easily side stepped by the opposition.

I'd say that would be the same with the overwhelming majority of big guys.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Mundy doesn’t have a record of shirking contests though does he. Terrible comment.

If Acres really wanted to lay the bump (which was a dumb and soft decision) he would’ve. He should’ve attacked the ball like LDU did but instead he took short steps and then very tentatively braced for contact.
Careful, your extremely short memory is showing.

Carlton fans really overrate their list.
the youthful midfield of Cripps, Curnow and Murphy is really going to take them places!
Two of their best three mids are over 30...
with the way Dow, SPS etc are developing, I'd be surprised if they manager to get any higher than 7th or 8th on the table in the next few years, I just don't see it.

the youthful midfield of Cripps, Curnow and Murphy is really going to take them places!

with the way Dow, SPS etc are developing, I'd be surprised if they manager to get any higher than 7th or 8th on the table in the next few years, I just don't see it.

And Jack Martin as well.

They aint going to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back