Analysis 2020 North apparel

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
I know there is an entire board dedicated this kind of stuff, however I thought it would be fun to have our own ‘North focused’ thread where we can discuss news/issues relating to the supporter and even player apparel.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
New training apparel has been shown in the latest video from North, incorporating black, which was last used back in 2017.

177CA73F-F461-42B7-BD06-E81ED59DCCBB.jpeg
24211A9A-0385-4B11-A088-036021E4A198.jpeg
3F5E9BA2-F3B7-417D-B90B-001848D6AAB4.jpeg

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I like it. Hated last years effort - truly dismal.

I wanted the chelsea - simple design and they've listened.

I'd prefer they didn't have the black or pattern but K.I.S.S - none of this indoor cricket inspired s**t or different colours.

View attachment 774634
It certainly beats orange.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It certainly beats orange.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Orange is the new.....................s**t.

I have 2 x hoodies from the releases from the first 2 years (2011-2012?).

Never bought one since, they have all been rubbish.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have every north male canterbury item except 2018. Only got the polo and the home + away guernsey.

In 2017 Canterbury accidentally sent 2 of everything (still charged me) and I was going to send it back but I went on holiday and forgot when I got back. Then they had a clearance on the north singlets ($15 ea) so I bought another 4 because they are perfect for the gym.

The quality vs. the Blades apparel...not even in the same league. It'll be sad if/when we part from canterbury.

I have every north male canterbury item except 2018. Only got the polo and the home + away guernsey.

In 2017 Canterbury accidentally sent 2 of everything (still charged me) and I was going to send it back but I went on holiday and forgot when I got back. Then they had a clearance on the north singlets ($15 ea) so I bought another 4 because they are perfect for the gym.

The quality vs. the Blades apparel...not even in the same league. It'll be sad if/when we part from canterbury.

Me too, I really like the stuff and how you can get it 60% at end of the year

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Classic.png
ReverseStripes.png
BoundingRoo_1.png

Mocked these up lately in the process of teaching myself adobe illustrator. I'd love to see the club use these 3 designs next year. They're mostly the same as this year but with a few differences:
1. The middle stripes don't just cut off (i've hated that ever since x-blades started doing it) and the canterbury logo is inside the stripe now
2. black numbers return to the classic jumper
3. stripes continue at the top on the back of the jumper so they don't awkwardly cut off at the shoulder seams
4. club logo on the jumper

I'm not too concerned about off field apparel because we all know rhyce will look handsome as * no matter what he's wearing

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Would love to see our proper home jumper make a re-appearance in 2020. None of this blue-heavy stuff, back to the proper stripes that served us well for 84 years (and which was changed without any input from the members!)

Wool as well

If I wasn't a signed up unicorn of the sell the club to the Greens and Greta Thunberg brigade, I'd make a tasteless yet accurate comment on that pic.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
4. club logo on the jumper

I think logos on the jumper, especially ABOVE the Mazda logo was seen as a potential problem for Mazda, which is why they moved it to below the Mazda logo before removing it entirely. I wouldn't know if Mazda actually complained, but quite likely it was just the commercial operations at the club second guessing Mazda's reaction.

Back