Analysis 2020 North apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

If you’re gonna put a logo on the back of the guernsey, it should be one of the following;

View attachment 778094View attachment 778095

I'm a fan of the current logo personally, NORTH in big letters is good and the kangaroo reminds me of the roosistence posters. But I put this together a while ago:

NMFCwithKangaroo_1.png

Could be a nice option to combine the classic logo with the iconic bounding roo, and with a darker royal blue to match the jumper

I could knock together 4-5 items that I know people would like, it's just navigating around the trademark stuff that is tricky.

Not that I would do it for profit anyway.
You can get stuff custom made pretty easily these days. I was looking at getting a bowling shirt or something similar as the polo’s are not remotely something I feel comfortable in.

You should do it. I would happily buy better looking merch and I suspect many people here would.

I don’t know for sure but I think if you are making the things just for mates not to profit that the copyright wouldn’t be an issue. I am probably wrong but I suspect at worst it would come down to whether it’s worth anyone chasing you down.

Collingwood just released their away jumper... and it's everything our home jumper should be, just in black.

View attachment 778172View attachment 778174
Nice wide stripes so there isn't a big negative space on the sides - check
Club logo above the front sponsor instead of an awkward tramp stamp - check
Manufacturer logo sits inside the stripe, and doesn't awkwardly cut it off below the collar - check

Canterbury had better be taking notes.

Their 2019 away jumper had pinstripes. Looks like we are at least a year behind everything they do.
s-l640.jpg

You can get stuff custom made pretty easily these days. I was looking at getting a bowling shirt or something similar as the polo’s are not remotely something I feel comfortable in.

You should do it. I would happily buy better looking merch and I suspect many people here would.

I don’t know for sure but I think if you are making the things just for mates not to profit that the copyright wouldn’t be an issue. I am probably wrong but I suspect at worst it would come down to whether it’s worth anyone chasing you down.

Leave me with it. I have a couple of months of down time now.

Collingwood just released their away jumper... and it's everything our home jumper should be, just in black.

View attachment 778172View attachment 778174
Nice wide stripes so there isn't a big negative space on the sides - check
Club logo above the front sponsor instead of an awkward tramp stamp - check
Manufacturer logo sits inside the stripe, and doesn't awkwardly cut it off below the collar - check

Canterbury had better be taking notes.
Can somebody photoshop that to be in the style of North? That would look glorious in our traditional colours.

Could never quite come at this one mate.

It's a bot too close to the tramways logo.

View attachment 778384
Hah! It is too.

Different strokes for different folks. I always liked the New York Yankees logo, I think this appeals to me along similar lines...

It wont take long for the AFL to track you down and threaten you, AFL gear can only be made under licence. Happened to my brother years ago, he made up dressing gowns before the AFL was selling them. They shut him down and then funny enough started making them!

What I loved most about the Roosistence hairy kangaroo design was that it deftly avoided any copyright owned by the AFL and it represented NMFC and its supporters better than anything the club has done in several years before or since. That shows that it's possible to create merch that bypasses the AFL and is better and more tailored to our unique identity than the cookie cutter options that official apparel suppliers offer up.

What I loved most about the Roosistence hairy kangaroo design was that it deftly avoided any copyright owned by the AFL and it represented NMFC and its supporters better than anything the club has done in several years before or since. That shows that it's possible to create merch that bypasses the AFL and is better and more tailored to our unique identity than the cookie cutter options that official apparel suppliers offer up.
pretty sure the AFL has the exclusive rights for Names AND Colours! I'm guessing the AFL were never going to attack anyone during Roosistence as they would have come across looking even worse than what they did and generated more angst against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wont take long for the AFL to track you down and threaten you, AFL gear can only be made under licence. Happened to my brother years ago, he made up dressing gowns before the AFL was selling them. They shut him down and then funny enough started making them!
They own trademarks, logos, etc but not colours or patterns. This stuff has been up for years, for example. Bummed that footy places seems to have taken down the arden st map phone cases. I'm due for a new phone and got no idea what else I would put on it.

pretty sure the AFL has the exclusive rights for Names AND Colours! I'm guessing the AFL were never going to attack anyone during Roosistence as they would have come across looking even worse than what they did and generated more angst against them.

They have a claim on names, logos and arguably jumper designs but not colours. The original Roosistence kangaroo was not wearing a jumper. The re-design that the club commissioned a few years ago did have a striped jumper.

They own trademarks, logos, etc but not colours or patterns. This stuff has been up for years, for example. Bummed that footy places seems to have taken down the arden st map phone cases. I'm due for a new phone and got no idea what else I would put on it.

Yep & there's a TON of room to work around that.

It's not as if anyone is going to be setting up a sweat shop & pumping this stuff out anyway.

Might sell a few hundred items and give any profits to the club via player sponsorships etc.

I would love to one day own a North Melbourne supporters pub, with North Melbourne themed Beer glasses 😂

I would grant you the pick of my memorabilia to help decorate the place boomer. :thumbsu:

If the numbers get up on Thursday night, we will make it happen. ;)

I would grant you the pick of my memorabilia to help decorate the place boomer. :thumbsu:

If the numbers get up on Thursday night, we will make it happen. ;)
My dream is that one of you campaigners on here wins tattslotto one day and can bank roll the club so that we can play 11 home games in Melbourne.
It ain’t hard.
Usually I thought it just has to be me.
But it just has to be one bloke or chick on here.

My dream is that one of you campaigners on here wins tattslotto one day and can bank roll the club so that we can play 11 home games in Melbourne.
It ain’t hard.
Usually I thought it just has to be me.
But it just has to be one bloke or chick on here.

There's no chance of me ever bankrolling the place under its current regime.

Who knows what utter shite it would get squandered on?

I'm buying nothing more than a basic membership as it is.

I follow the AFL-VFL football teams, not the club.

There's no chance of me ever bankrolling the place under its current regime.

Who knows what utter shite it would get squandered on?

I'm buying nothing more than a basic membership as it is.

I follow the AFL-VFL football teams, not the club.
You could buy the Huddle and turn it into an injecting room and brothel.

You could buy the Huddle and turn it into an injecting room and brothel.

...........more likely a North Melbourne members social club, but hey, we're not important and long as we keep shoveling money in to the joint.

The Huddle should be located in Werribee anyway.

I think there is one there.

Perhaps, but only 4 of us can get in there at any given time.

1573677172286.png

The current club takes the members for granted and has little regard for them. That fact isn't even open for debate as far as I'm concerned. We used to have an entire social club once, now we have 2 couches in the foyer and a coffee cart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back