Analysis 2020 North apparel

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I miss the social club. I loved going there when in Melbourne and having a beer with strangers and just talking North and footy

Pokies = evil = Vote Greens = 2 couches in the foyer & a coffee cart.

My dream is that one of you campaigners on here wins tattslotto one day and can bank roll the club so that we can play 11 home games in Melbourne.
It ain’t hard.
Usually I thought it just has to be me.
But it just has to be one bloke or chick on here.
If the first appointments include Taz on accounts and GR to the media team I’m all for it.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Pokies = evil
dont tell that to Gumby.
latest

I miss the social club. I loved going there when in Melbourne and having a beer with strangers and just talking North and footy

Spot on
Even the Aints have a room at their new Moorabbin facility where they all catch up and watch interstate games etc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Their 2019 away jumper had pinstripes. Looks like we are at least a year behind everything they do.
View attachment 778224
I’m not a fan of the ‘pinstripes’ design. I looked on the Canterbury website and it looks like both home and away have this design. I’m hoping this isn’t our 2020 jumper. Just doesn’t look right.

I just think it’s a huge backward step to the 2019 design. I think the 2019 away is perfect and the 2019 one without all the logos would be great.

Also I think this years training gear looks better then the 2019 gear.

I don't mind the look of the hoodie except for the "MAZDA" emblazoned on the back. This isn't a slight against Mazda who have been great sponsors for 20+ years, I have no problems with sponsors logo's appearing on our apparel, but if I'm going to spend $120 on a North Melbourne hoodie, I want people to know it's a North Melbourne hoodie and not a Mazda hoodie. Why isn't there a "NMFC" on the back and perhaps and "est. 1869" just below?

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't mind the look of the hoodie except for the "MAZDA" emblazoned on the back. This isn't a slight against Mazda who have been great sponsors for 20+ years, I have no problems with sponsors logo's appearing on our apparel, but if I'm going to spend $120 on a North Melbourne hoodie, I want people to know it's a North Melbourne hoodie and not a Mazda hoodie. Why isn't there a "NMFC" on the back and perhaps and "est. 1869" just below?

Is it THE hoodie you are looking at or is it the players' hoodie, in which case it is entirely appropriate to have MAZDA on the back. But I agree, supporter gear should not be all about the sponsor.

Is it THE hoodie you are looking at or is it the players' hoodie, in which case it is entirely appropriate to have MAZDA on the back. But I agree, supporter gear should not be all about the sponsor.
It's the training Hoodie.

I'm pretty sure the previous seasons supporter Hoodies and most of the jackets have had Mazda on the back, which is why I haven't bought one since about 2014.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My dream is that one of you campaigners on here wins tattslotto one day and can bank roll the club so that we can play 11 home games in Melbourne.
It ain’t hard.
Usually I thought it just has to be me.
But it just has to be one bloke or chick on here.
Sorry mate, if I did you wouldn't be invited.

1573709928034.png

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
It’s a little odd that the club website has only some of the gear up and it’s preorder only when you can actually buy the guernseys, hoodie, polo etc at the Canterbury outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive change. I am not sure where I sit on it to be honest. I am old school on this sort of thing, and prefer we tinckered with the away jumper, but leave the home one alone

you know what it looks like to me? collingwood's barcode jumper from the 1990s. I almost hope we don't win a flag in this monstrosity because I don't want to ever have to think about it after this season. Pinstripes are fine. Those are thick enough that they're not pinstripes.
I don't think you have much to worry about

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
do i care about this too much? yes, definitely. but it genuinely bothers me that the club can just show up one day and say "oh by the way we're wearing this now!" and we, the members and supporters, the reason for the club to exist, have no say in the matter

Back